1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Fishy Doctor

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Fishy Doctor

There are fishy people,but i did not know there are Fishy Doctors. Hindustan Times dt 17/5/07,had nothing of interest,just this one artcile that my eye fell on " Fish in Hospital Freezer ", which immediately brought a smile on my face

In the Kottayam Medical College in Trivandrum,a pharmacist who came to stock life saving drugs in the freezer found a 5 kg dressed Pearl Spot Fish, a delicacy of the central Travancore area,is suspected to be the bribe given to Dr.Mathen George,to hurry up an operation of an infant.The doctor could not take home immediately,so he put it in the hospital freezer in the meanwhile.

The Doctor must have been dreaming of eating the juicy fish at home,even while doing the operation,and god knows how the operation went.But i dont understand how the doctor can stoop so low as accepting fish as a bribe ? I think the parents of the infant may have gifted the fish as an act of love and affection,rather than a bribe.But this news did bring a smile on my face.

A family Doctor my age tells stories about his cousin in a village about 100 kms from here.The doctor Kunj Bihari is revered in his village,and considered a very wise doctor,though he is a quack,and dosnt know much about Medicine.How they take the gullible villagers for a ride,he gavne an example.

An old couple came to Kunj Bihari ( KB),and told him that Doctor saab,this Daughter in law (DIL) Sarla gets fainting spells,and please see what is the matter.She was unconsious when they brought her.He examined her,and found nothing wrong with her. When probed, KB came to understand, that Sarla is faking the fainting spells when she is told to do the household work.

He told them to bring Sarla in his cabin and make her lie down on the Bed that is there for patients,and he told them that he will treat her inside for her fainting spells.He will lock the cabin,and even if they hear shrieks,they are not to come inside.He made them wait outside,and he closed the door and latched it up.

Sarla was lying facing the doctor. KB was sure she was faking it,and he could see she was slyly looking at him,scared and wondering what the Doc is going to do,as he had locked the door.KB took out a small bottle,opened the Cap,and facing Sarla,unzipped and peed in the bottle.Then he zipped up,and opened the door.

He told the inlaws of Sarla, that next time Sarla gets fainting spells,give her a spoonful of this medicine and she sould be fine.After a few days the husband and inlaws of Sarla came with lots of fruits and sweets for the Doctor,and said that now Sarla dosnt faint any more Doctor.She was about to faint the other day,and as we brought out the bottle,She became better again.Doctor Saab you are god

.Well Kunj Bihari is thriving and raking in the moolah,and he is considered God in his village.Long live Kunj Bihari.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I know Doctors take bribe..... for better treatment etc.....

I know you are young at heart and naughty at(most) of the times....But this is hahahahahhahaha toooooooooooooooooo much........

Poor lady, I can imagine the plight of the lady on looking at the medicine bottle.....It goes back to your tit for tat...for fake fainting.... Great.....

Hope that Doctor is not related to you..............ahahahahahahhahaha....:2thumbsup: . Or is the whole townfolks are like that....

Okok... Just pulling you...

Veda

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

Seeing u laugh, i cant contain my laugh too.No the guy is not related to me.:) Glad u enjoyed it.Thanks and regards.kamal

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    I thought Sarla is smart, coz I have never thought about these actions. Dr. KB is smarter than Sarla (Hahaa). That is too much of you, Dr.KB.
    Anyways, Kamalji I enjoy reading your articles.

Coming to the 'Nest in my home' article. You are right. God is the creator of all living things and he will understand. You are a good host to the birds. I was also a host last month. I wanted to share the pictures of those cute tiny birds, but it's hidden somewhere in my comp. I will try to post it sometime later.

regards,
    Sindhu

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sindujaji,

Will look for ward to yr pictures.thanks and regards.kamal