1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The First Infatuation

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Apr 23, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

HOW I LOVE MY MATHS TEACHER:
    She was altogether a different kind, she showed more love than punishment,
    They were only to be happy to be studying with her, for the 8 years in that reputed school, she became the most sort after in the classes..

She loved those tiny ones, who would peep during lunch time over her window sill to get her attention, meess meess and then with their pointed finger used to beckon her to come out of the staff room, as she went there she would come down to their level,
    Mm! what do u want ?..mees I want 20rs, I will give u tomorrow,
    Not again, ok, may I know what are u going to buy with it….. the usual answer ..chicken fry today in the canteen mees..
    ok take it is all she will do, give them and forget it..

She always allotted a 1000 for this every month, she knew her children always were hungry, the youngsters will be swiped off their pocket money by the seniors in the school..
    When her birthday comes, my you have to see the flowers and a very big cake, pretty expensive one, which she would share with all 56 and by the time she has finished with the last kid, she may be left with 4 tablespoon at the most, but she used to be very happy with that, their expression mattered more.

One day as usual the reprimanding sessions of improving their study and all just before the finals, and one parent just came forward and said, bahu mere pyr pado[daughter in law bow down to me] she was wondering what is this, so the mother explained, that her son would marry only her and none and both broke down laughing so much…

Again who is the best class teacher u like, many love letters for her, the head of the department Ms.Mercy would call her inside her chamber and both used to have the fun of their lifetime reading, laughing at all those tiny expressions about their maths teacher.
    When she enquired them about it, they said even maddy the film star’s first love was for his maths teacher, even anil kumble the great cricket bowler also loved his maths teacher.

One such case was of cheemya he was from Guawahati near Assam. His parents had divorced and father was in USA and mother in Australia leaving him in the boarding school, he used to tease all the teacher’s with mimicry, imitating them behind their back, so none liked him except his maths teacher, she then took up his case when she was called for the staff meeting, and all teachers were against him, but for his maths teacher, who said the cause behind his pranks is he is very lonely and dejected, with a little attention he would excel, if the principal gives permission she would prove, and within a matter of six months cheemiya excelled in all his studies, proving the entire faculty wrong. When he went for his summer holidays to his grandma’s place. He came back with 4 wonderful hand made woolen shawls made by his grandmother with their tribal pattern…
    The maths teacher eyes filled, and today cheemya is in USA along with his father for further studies, and keeps enquiring for his maths teacher who had left the school for good… sunkan

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sundari,

That was a really good one. It was really inspiring to know about such maths teachers. I am sure each one of us will have a teacher like that whom we wil never forget.

The best quality about her is that she treats children as real people with real feelings which many dont do.

I wrote a whole story Monday Morning Blues which talks about a teacher who shouts at her pupils and makes them nervous.

It was a real life incident in which my daughter was involved. Thank God, I was able to pin-point the exact teacher. I took up the matter with the School Administration and the teacher was soon sent out of the school.

You have started writing very well, Sundari. Let's have more of your writings in IL.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A nice one Sundari. Many of us can relate to it for all of us must have adored one or the other teacher as kids. Your 'mees' was full of heart:)

L, Kamla

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku sridhar,
    the teacher is none other than my elder daughter priya who is an ex maths teacher of bishop cottons boys scool in bangalore....thanku sridhar all this writing been instigated by you..regards sunkan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku kamala,
    for ur encouragement...the mees is priya's expression so good, i also enjoyed while she told me abt it...regards sudari kannan