1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Final Adieu!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Ga Rani,

Kashi ahen? Thula ikde bagun kupach anand zaala ga.

Aga hech kara , they are so many sufferings around but then we are so caught up within ourselves that we do not even pause to look around us at the amount of sufferings of people. It is a sad situation for a mother to make a decision like this but as a mother who absolutely loves her son this is the only decision.

Euthanasia has always been controversial to a third person , but makes sense only to those whose near and dear ones suffer. Aplyavar aale thari tyacha baddal lok vichar karte ga , nahin that doosryasaathi morche kadaila lokana kay, fakth ek timepass?

Glad you liked the story ! L ,Always a pleasure to see your FB and Im sure you know I await it!!

Love,
    Devika

quote[Hey kay sakali sakali? Sagle ithe kercheif geun basle vatte....

Very touching story ga....I do understand the mother's dilemma. One hand she keeps the kid in for 9 months & then she in the later stages of his life has to put him to sleep-permanently...

Euthanasia-A very controversial topic. Yes, I do agree that we hate watching our loved ones become a vegetable in front of our own eyes. But think of the daily death that person undergoes.

I do agree that it is a double-edged sword. It will go down the path of Section 498A of IPC. Originally used to protect women from Dowry deaths, it is now used by some women to break families....

The irony is not missed. Using a sweet to deliver them from the pain of life....I am sure even God will condone this.

Love your stories ga. They touch on the happenings in society that we rather not discuss.

Regards,

Corallux[/quote]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    tt would not have been so tough for the mom to take such a decision but then Iam glad that she did it.How could she leave her son at the mercy of someone else knowing that he would never be normal, and they would never care for him the way she did??
    Even in death she gave him the ladoos he loved!!!
    You come out with brillaint stories dear friend!!!

3. aaisha

aaisha New IL'ite

Hi Devika ,

A Very touching story ,very well narrated .It must be very difficult for a mother to take such a decision .

Aaisha

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika Mol,

First you must accept my apologies for the delay in reading this beautiful story. Was breaking my head with ALS-3 and while it was on, I could not think of anybody else. Only last night did I have something that I can call as the first draft and came running to this story.

Pathos in literature is a subtle, complex field. And you have handled that with grace. And I am sure there would be no dry eyes amongst the readers.

A job well done, Mol. Very few authors today are capable of handling pathos as you have done.

But I want you to move away from these heavy topics for a while. Make us cry out of overwhelming love. Or make us cry out of uncontrollable laughter.

Or make us frown our brows, after seeing the dark side of human nature.

On behalf of my dear Mol, I am declaring a moratorium for these heavy pieces for the next two months. You are a versatile writer. And we in IL are going to see your other dimensions as well.
    love,

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dearest Ma'am,

What more can your Mol dream of , when you end your FB with a sentence that made my life.!!

Thankyou so very much Ma'am. I am honoured.

The example that you have quoted shows that there is still some humanity left in the world .A brother ready to sacrifice his Grihasthi for the sake of a brother.Where do we see such people often? Its so rare.

Yes Ma'am I agree that this is a sad story , but then most fact of life are like that, though we wish not to see the darker side of life , they still exist .Our being blind to them doesnt abolish them .Infact our being aware about them might make us thankful for whatever we have and appreciate all that we have been bestowed with.

Thankyou so much Ma'am for the lovely FB. Your presence always makes me happy.

Love,
    Your Mol

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Thankyou so much for stepping in. Im glad you agree with the decision of the mother , because I too felt that this could be the only possible step taken since there was very little to look forward to. Yes destiny plays a major role in most decisions and like you say change is constant and changing along with what fate has bestowed is important.

I am glad you liked the post Bhargavi and thankyou once again for your wonderful comment.

Love,
    Devika

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Pavi,

Such an absolute pleasure to see you here!

I agree Pavi it definitely must have been traumatic for the mother to make a decision like that but considering the circumstances that seems to be the only decision that she could make.

I am glad you liked the story Pavi and thanks a million for the kind words regarding the stories.

Love,
    Devika

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi/Veda,

Thankyou so much for stepping in .Not much can be done when we know about what is predestined.

Glad you liked the story!

Regards,
    Devika

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Thankyou very much for your presence here.

I agree that Kanchana made the right decision, because as she fels no body absolutely no on can take care of a child the way a mother does and once she ceases to exist then what about the son!

Glad you liked the story Mindi!! And thankyou for the lovely words.

Love,
    Devika

10. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Thankyou so much Lalitha:kiss

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008