1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The fallen heroes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sriniketan

Thats a lovely comparison between the two selfless heroes. Its always very sad to see trees being cut down. For the past few months dozens of old trees are being chopped off to make way for the Metro line here in Bangalore. And there have been protest marches condemning the action, even candle light vigils for dead trees. Its comforting to see that there are many who care deeply for trees and take up planting of saplings to compensate.

Soldiers are our guardian angels and we need to thank them or at least think about them often. I would like schools to have some kind of weekly/monthly programme to make little kids understand their value.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Srini,

I see a Tree a Tree.

I see a Soldier a Soldier.

It's Srini who sees the connection & webs a beautiful message.

Like Mindi said, we see a patriotic movie get inspired for that moment and then tend to forget.

The Selfless fall Helpless but made sure during their life time, they brought the Goodness to our lives.

Kamalji's idea is workable only if our politicians & beaurocrats work Selflessly in the welfare of the unsung heroes.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your presence here.
    A very good balance by the nature .. or it is your balance sheet..either way...it is perfect, :thumbsup what more can I expect from the person who has greenplanet as his id!:)
    Shed the ma'am, in your next post...seriya!:)

sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  4. Sriniketan

Your neighbour would have gone an emotional roller coaster..till her father's retirement..poor girl..
    We forget the soldiers after the news..that's how we are...our mind jumps into other things and after that..this is the harsh truth, Meenu.
    correctly mentioned..but how? If anything happens according to Kamalji's plan..there might be a solution na!

sriniketan

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. Sriniketan

Padmini ma'am,
    If any incident happens in our neighbourhood our emotion would be different from the news we hear which happened far away isn't it!
    If the Govt. looks into this issue too..soldier's family would be very grateful! Bow

6. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi

a great comparison between the trees and the soldiers.

The trees, rooted in one place, provide us shelter and delight us with fruits and flowers.

Soldiers, on the other hand, move from place to place, at times taking cover, all the while providing us peace of mind and protection from enemy forces.

It is hard to imagine our harmonious lives but for the sacrifices of the brave soldiers.

7. Sriniketan

Lakshmi,
    it is comforting indeed when we see actions condemning the atrocities..and also more comfortable when we find a way to compensate the felling of trees.
    . Very good idea indeed..if we plant the patriotic factor when the children are young..we hope they bring change in future, to the families of these fallen/unsung heroes.

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

me too...have no doubt in that, natpudan.
    It is not like that..when I first saw the fallen tree..unconsciously I uttered the words...fallen heroes..then only I saw the connection between the two.
    very true..pranams to them.:bowdown

those are opposite terms..you, me and everyone know it , isn't it! This is the sad state of affairs!

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Usha, in spite of the differences in their 'standing point', trees and soldiers, offer selfless services which we enjoy and forget them later.:-(

Without them we are nothing...but how long it is going to take for us to realise and do something about it!

sriniketan

10. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

I have never thought that we can compare trees with soldiers..You've brought out the relation so well!!
    All of us lack the attitude of appreciating things in this fast moving world.
    That was a thought proving post indeed!!!