1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The 'F' theory

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jennysrik, Apr 14, 2011.

1. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Finest Blog Winner - Third Weekly pick of April 2011

I genuinely believe all our lives are designed to work in a certain manner that revolves around fundamentals that are more or less the same for all of us! This may not be a great line to start a blog post, but it certainly is great line to start off a thinking process. I was thinking about this and I hit upon a very interesting observation which in future will be referred to as the

“F-theory”

revolving around two “F-factors”. In fact, the more I dwell in this the more I am convinced that this “F-factor” is a very fundamental and core for all our lives, purposes and action.

So, what exactly is the first “f” factor??!!
    It is F.e.A.R!!

If we carefully study a lot of our actions (and inactions!!), a lot of happening around us or other people’s actions, it can be seen that it boils down to a certain fear. Starting from small issues like a lie, which is a fear to expose the truth to a suicide, which is nothing but a fear to live – fear seems a pivotal force in all our lives.

For all the brave hearts out there who are shaking their heads denying any trace of fear in their lives, Let me ask you, do you sing aloud every time you feel like it? Have you ever known what it is to dance like nobody is watching you? Have you ever walked up to the store and got yourself those pair of jeans that you really love, despite all your friends hating it? Gotcha!!

What holds you back?! Isn’t it the factor that takes control of those decisions? Fear of criticism, fear of being hurt or ridiculed, fear of standing out of the crowd, fear of failure, of being laughed at!! Remember all those small and big things that you have always wanted to do, but never got around to doing it? The only that that can or will stop you is the “f” factor!! Every such a thing, that remains a dream arises from this “f” factor- the fear of not wanting to stretch beyond the comfort zone that we belong to or the fear of doing something out of the ordinary!

Well how do we fight this fear? It is at this point that I must introduce the second “f” of the “f” theory, that is

“Facing the fear”!!

As simple as it sounds, jut face your fears! Start simple, but start strong! Does a roller coaster ride put the fear of god into you? Simply face it! This weekend, pack your bags, tag along a few friends and drive to a theme park and just do it- face your roller coaster ride!
    Has your class eight math teacher been your biggest fear factor in your life then? (and is that why you hate math till today??!!) Well, blindly execute the second part of the “f” theory: just face your fear! Choose a nice day and drop in to your teacher’s place to spend an hour or two with her, thanking her for all that she has been to you( You have an added advantage that teachers have a way of being nice to alumni!! ;)!! ) face your fear (fearlessly)!

Does speaking on stage set the fear engine in you rolling? Grab the next opportunity to do public speaking (even if it is a boring vote of thanks at the end of a long lecture) and do your best: face your fears!

I bet on all that I own most of the times, at the end of the facing your fear session, you will catch yourself saying “it wasn’t that bad you know!!” because nothing truly is that bad! So, get started on your trip of facing fears!

Let me let you into a secret that this blog is my attempt to face my fear that I can’t do creative writing for nuts! Well, I am facing my fear and am enjoying doing it, believing that it’s not that bad after all!! :D

So, its time you too faced your fears! Let no fear ever hold you back! After all,

No man has ever lost anything by stretching his reins to their fullest possible length!!

2. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

No man has ever lost anything by stretching his reins to their fullest possible length!!
    Like this quote and your blog too... Keep writing...

3. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your encouraging comment vidchakra :)

4. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

How true..
    Excellent post..

Fear is a funny thing. I remember writing a few lines about it in my latest serial episode.

Easy said but it is very tough to follow right?
    I am still fighting my fear to drive a car.(imagine that..such a stupid thing)

Yeah..i will close my eyes(then how will i drive?) and try to ward of that evil spirit(fear only) this time.

thanx..kudos...keep writing.

5. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Dear iniyamalar

I agree that its easy to say. I am finding it equally tough to follow it. I am fighting the same fear and trying to learn to drive properly :) Hope both of us overcome it soon :) Well, thanks for taking time to read

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

A very thought provoking post Jenny :hatsoff.
    Beautiful words "No man has ever lost anything by stretching his reins to their fullest possible length!!"
    Not every fear need to be conquered. I fear horror movies and watching it again and again or watching more of them only made me more scared and imagine the worse. So,I gave up forcing myself to conquer that fear, afterall not watching horror movies is not a life stopper and some fears are best left alone :)

7. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

That's what my husband says too. He is also afraid of horror movies..technically watching it alone :T What I feel is, it scares only when one is totally into the movie. But when one watches it with 'What the crap is that?' attitude, I think one can beat the hell out of that fear...
    Anyway! Thanks for your encouraging comment :)

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations dear jenny !!!!!! :cheers
    wonderful blog girl !!!!!!!! Very postive !!!!!!!!!!

I have a long list of fears....rather say hesitations..... .....am trying to overcome slowly.....

"Nothing in life is to be feared,
    It is only to be understood" - Marie Curie

"Our deepest fear is that we feel we are inadequate" - Marianne Williamson

[​IMG]

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jenny,

Very interesting thoughts. I like "everyone" have my list of fears. The only positive side of it is that I became aware of them pretty early on and started to consciously psyche myself into overcoming them. Though some of them are sadly destined to live with me for evermore (e.g. fear of wearing clothes I fancy, because I look fat in them), some of them (such as fear of social opinions) I am finally succeeding in getting a grip on.

A total lack of fear would be counterproductive. After all it is an evolutionary requirement to facilitate survival. So I guess to some extent, we should be more accepting of the need of fears too.

10. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jennisrik,

That was a nice post. And congrats for winning the finest blog prize! Just remembered a famous quote "Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain!" -rgs