1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ethics of faking an orgasm :-)

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by Rihana, Oct 4, 2012.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Artistic process; calibration is scientific?

1.jpg

2. PeacockLady

PeacockLady Silver IL'ite

Faking or not faking is not about whether the women enjoyed the act itself. Lots of women enjoy sex even without having an orgasm. If the husband can accept that, then surely his enthusiasm & looking forward to the act shouldn't decrease?

Other things like becoming a playmate, inhibitions and fantasies, I am not sure how these are affected by faking. Women can be vocal about their likes without faking anything.

Of course this all under the assumption that not having orgasm in not the regular thing.

That would be nice wouldn't it :)

3. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

That's a loaded 'if'. The point is to 'fashion' or 'elicit' a certain behavior.

From my observations: Easier said than done/practiced.

4. PeacockLady

I still believe open communication is the better option but if the husband is not the type to understand then probably it is better to fake.

I don't see the difficulty but it maybe for some.

5. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

can can...that was meant in a lighter note

6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Universal Machine, unconstrained by limits on computability......art, science whatever....!:wink:

7. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Honesty is the best policy. A frank sharing of feelings will help to overcome any obstacles in achieving the peak.

But someone told here that faking is ok than a lame excuse like headache. I have a doubt here. Does the session end with the woman getting (faking) orgasm? If she wants to avoid or finish the session as soon as possible, will it not be better if she makes her husband reach orgasm as soon as possible and pack him off to sleep than faking it.

Just my thought!

8. rkk1

rkk1 Gold IL'ite

This is a nice discussion, and I'm pleasantly surprised that no one has yet called 'troll, troll' here yet. I'll do my best to share my thoughts, without being inappropriately explicit.

I do not agree with faking orgasms. If a wife isn't getting satisfaction from her husband, she should voice it, so that they can change their technique in hopes that she will get greater enjoyment. Faking will only lead to continuing the status quo of the wife not getting enough from the experience, and let the husband think that nothing needs to be changed.

My husband was very surprised to know that women even had the capacity to have an 'O'. He thought only men could do that. He said that he even thinks that at least 70% of Indian women don't even know themselves that they have the ability to 'O', as they don't know their own bodies.

I admit to feeling a bit disillusioned on this issue, but I think the majority of Indian men don't even care about their wife's enjoyment at all, only their own. There may be a few caring husbands out there... but sadly, I think most Indian men are just selfish and apathetic to their wife's needs. Even if they knew they could give their wife an 'O', I think most wouldn't care enough to put forth the effort if it required anything beyond regular intercourse. They will just satisfy their own need and then roll over and go to sleep, and leave their wives feeling frustrated and used. In general, I think American men overall care far more for their wives' pleasure. I am not saying this at all to offend Indian men (as some are genuinely caring and attentive), but this is just my observation. It is an attitude trend... the same husband who doesn't care to help his wife with housework (leaving all the burden of home and child-raising to her) and who doesn't care whether she has to deal with in-law frustrations, that same selfish husband isn't going to care for her enjoyment in the bedroom either. On the other hand, the loving husband who cares for his wife's feelings, wants to be her equal partner and share life in every way with her... that husband will also care for her satisfaction in all ways, and wouldn't accept only himself getting orgasm during physical intimacy if he knew it was also possible for his wife. The attitude of caring towards one's spouse extends in many ways.

2 people like this.
  9. PeacockLady

I don't want to blame indian guys in general but they maybe bad in bed due to the following reasons.

Our culture is such that there is no need for a guy to prove his worth in bed before getting married. After marriage they know that wife is not going to leave them if for the lack of good sex.

Another issue is the general feeling that good girls are not into sex, so they see women as providers of sex not as someone wanting sex.

Lack of proper sex education. Watching **** doesn't count as a proper education.

Talking about sex is not encouraged in India so indian women might not be vocal about sharing what they like with their husbands.

3 people like this.
  10. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I am unsure about it. I think 'faking' is a way to encourage better performance, to show that it's an appreciative/thankful audience. It may work to provide positive feedback much like a pat on the back to improve "employee performance".

I think there is more faking going on there. Surely the American women know a thing or two about "positive feedback for better performance"! An artist performs better to an appreciative audience than to a dull audience.

Also, if the man knows that he could not get her to "O", he may be hard on himself to the point that he may give up trying and/or be insensitive to her needs rationalizing that he married one that "can not"! It's self serving but he may want to "live with that" than feeling "inadequate".

It's a complicated world. It's interesting to understand the "games people play" to their ends.