1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Doctor's Dance!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 8, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi,
    If my 27 years of professional life taught me one thing, it is this. That every thing in life carries a price tag. And in many cases the price tags are hidden in the folds of cloth. A hidden price tag usually means a very high price.
    I always pity those who win in the lottery. That's sudden money coming without the skills to manage it. It'd invite hangers on, exploiters who will make sure that the winner is destroyed along with his happiness.
    thanks for coming in, sis.
    sridhar

2. naanvetti

naanvetti Senior IL'ite

Hello Uncle,
    Your write up is always at its best. But, I have something to say here. My way of looking at it is(merely reading this and not based on any real life experience): the carpenter wasnt greedy. He won a lottery(that probably everyone buys) and it was just his money mismanagement that led him to where he was.
    Also, the doctor's part was a little greedy to me. But all of us will react that way in the beginning. Later on realize what it means.
    But, greed is something that has to be kept under control

Just my thoughts.

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sir,
    I dont have any words to describe your article has left me spellbound let me chew on this lesson...Pls forgive me for this gibberish fb hope you understand...

4. varalotti

Hai nanvetti,
    thanks for stepping in. This is not about greed. It's a question of a gift which is onerous. We get many 'gifts' in life which later turn out to be real pain.
    Even the Doctor was not greedy. He was just eager to accept a gift which was not exactly unmixed blessing.
    God can punish us by not giving; many times he punishes us by giving. I have summed up these lessons in the last few lines of the blog.
    thanks once again for coming in,
    sridhar uncle

5. varalotti

hi vjb,
    thanks a lot for stepping. Your fb is not gibberish but a tonic for me which I relished drinking.
    sridhar