1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Debut I

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 4, 2005.

1. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Good one, once again!!! Loved your narration and the characterization of the people...
    More often than not, one of the parent is like the "mom" character this in every house hold.....and it is perfectly ok as most likely it will be offset by the other parent....and the popular combinations dad-daughter, mom-son are the ones who are bonded more closely in 80% of the families...

Nice read...

Cheers!
    -Anusha

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anusha. Normally the parent of the opposite sex bond better with the children.
    Rajnikant's daughters' dance programme was staged in Madurai many years ago. I saw the poster and that gave me the inspiration for this story.
    love,
    sridhar

3. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

I agree with you that parent of opposite sex bond better!!!
    Oops...my God!!!...You see inspiration everywhere, no wonder you are able to pen so many good stories with your creative writing!!!

Cheers!
    -Anusha

4. varalotti

Thanks, Anusha. If only Mother Nature and this Society had copy rights for the events and the scenes they present to me, I would have been charged of plagiarism.
    love,

5. priyasree

priyasree New IL'ite

Hi,

Keep posting these kind of touching stories. Our moral qualities keep improving.

Regards
    Priya:)

6. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Priya.
    I am now writing a serial story here in IL. It's A LOVE STORY. Yes, that's the name of the serial.

I am giving the link for the first episode of the story.I have so far posted 9 episodes.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/30922-a-love-story-episode-1-a.html

Just give a try to it, Priya.
    love,
    sridhar

7. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Dear varalotti,

There are many things to be shared in this post...parents must TRUST THEIR KIDS...LET IT BE A BOY OR GIRL...but it is very rare in the case of a daughter...i guess there are many lakshim's out there :hide:who keep an eye on all the activities they daughter does....it is a simple message to them to listen rather than hurting others and feelings with your harsh words...never jump to conclusions:notthatway: only by seeing or hearing these both may prove false at times....whe you learn the truth....

i am happy i have a caring:thumbsup father like raj..who forgets the whole world when we chat together...

pooja.:wave:

8. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Nice story and indeed while reading i did compare with my parents and others i have seen and known.my mother is just like that the character and when i think how i would be to my children i doubt if i will follow my mothers footsteps or be the rightful character.you are right parents have to trust children and of course trust is the greatest binding element in success of any relation be it friends or husband.but still in childhood i have heard stories where children have taken trust as advantage too, so its a big risk not to spy around kids.but i do agree about the trusting in children's talent and their capability,which is a strong point in boosting self confidence.

the story just ended abruptly,i just wished something more of future would be added.

neethu.

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: The Debut II

Sridhar Sir

Very nice story...had brought memories of my childhood and college and working days..when me and my father were the best buddies....nice to have such fathers..who beleive and understand their kids emotions and goals

10. varalotti

dear pooja,
    I am sorry I completely forgot to respond to your fb. And only when I saw some new fb did I find out my lapse. My apologies.
    One has to trust her kids but also keep her eyes wide open. Of course one should never utter hurting words. Anyday it is better to trust and lose than not to trust at all.
    You are really blessed to have a caring father like Raj. A father who forgets the whole world when chatting with his daughter... you are double blessed pooja.
    love,
    sridhar