1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Dark Night - A Short Story!!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Nov 3, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Meeta,

Sorry, buddy, I did not intend to be so MEAN.. I appreciate that you still went ahead and read the whole story.. I can understand your plight, even a small noise alert our ears.

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Unfortunately, there are people who live with such shadow experiences...Happened to read this thread, on the day I had one... Contemplationg whether to post FB or not... Whenever, I feel the presence of the shadow, something or the other happens in the family... It is not entirely bad... sometimes it comes as a forewarning, so I can be prepared... But it definitely gives a message...

Nice writeup...

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Veda,

I was shocked to read your FB. It is really sad to know that you experience the shadows and they bring in some calamities. With due respect to your experience all that I can say is it must be very painful. After writing this "short story", i was not comfortable for a minute, though the characters were products of sheer imagination.

Just pray to God and ask him to give the strength to bear with the blessings.

Thanks for the compliment.

4. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

It mostly happens with all of us when we are alone.Even sound of water drops will feel scary.Those shadows might be of your neighbours(jst joking),nice attempt.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Navpreet,

This is my first minor attempt on a thriller. When you are alone, whether it is dark or day, any noise or movement always alerts you or rather you always stay tuned......

Bye

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mals,

It was a good one.... not just when u r alone any noise or movement can alert u .. ..about 10yrs back in chennai, there was a murder in the daylight in a house right behind ours....there was so much of fear . Though my parents and brother were with me, I couldn't sleep properly,for the whole week or more. I kept thinking ......... whoever started the idea of switching off lights at night.
    I used to try figuring out what was the funny(now it is funny..that time it was scary)sound from the fan. And to add to it the lizard somewhere seemed to enjoy my haalat and showed its vocal power.

Thanx for the piece.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Mals.
    I thought you are going to break the' suspense' at the end like giving a twist at the end saying it was only the trees branches swaying in the wind!
    Thinking God when we are afraid is indeed a good tonic!
    sriniketan

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Saras,

Thanks for writing in for some reasons I misssed on these posts.

It indeed seems strange that we have to put off lights when we need to sleep. Tied with the rope of fear this thought would hit any mind.. Too good...

Bye

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Sorry dearry, I had missed on your post.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed reading this story.

Did you like my new avatar?

10. anubal

anubal New IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Good post... It happens to me whenever I am alone.... All Scary things come to my mind when alone... even a small sound on the road would alert me.... Then I would chant gods names and switch on all the lights....

Good narration...!!

Anu