1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Dark Inside!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BeingSoulful, Nov 9, 2016.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear BeingSoulful,

We all have our negatives, our dark sides. It is a very healthy attitude to accept our dark side though the point is not to nuture it. Unless we accept that we have our negatives, we will never be able to do anything to change it and to control it.

Loved this bit.

2. BeingSoulful

BeingSoulful Silver IL'ite

@satchitananda Thank you mam! I completely agree, we accept it not to nurture but change it for good.

I am glad you liked it :)

satchitananda likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear BeingSoulful,
    Nice depiction of human strengths and weaknesses. We will not be what we are if we did not have there contradicting attributes. In my opinion the root cause of our dark side is expectations from self and others. Unfulfilled expectations from self lands us into blaming others for our failures, forgetting at the same time that it is we who started this in the first place. There is no harm in having expectation from slef but attaching efforts to results is the cause of our dark side.
    The more dangerous part is expectations from others. The higher the expectations the slower is the process of reconsciliation. We are not prepared to let it go. We are not prepared to accept that the other might have some really genuine reason for not fulfilling our expectations.
    The subject is too complex. I have concluded that lowering down these expectations help.

shyamala1234 likes this.