1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Curious Case of Pencil Case !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by parineetha, Jan 7, 2015.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Oopss! Neetu,
    Even my fb also has vanished and I don't how it happened.

Wow! Things in a pencil box and they teach us to learn. What a comparison! I very much enjoyed your post.

PS

1 person likes this.
  2. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Hey Neetu! I know long time.. i do try login to IL often but you know how it is.. good days and tired days! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

thanks P'

if the OP has no issues, admin need to confirm with the OP and then delete - that would have been better if that was offensive or admin could have even written to me about that.

now let me try and recollect what i wrote and try reproducing :) am not a guy who thinks and write sensibly - that's the weakness with me :)

"Wow what a message to live the you in you :)

Initially I thought P' the Pencilla having eaten mom's food for a week turned P' the Plumpilla and this snippet was born" :):):)

sorry P' and other readers if the above had any reason to be called/reported - if this is offensive, do let me know and then delete please.

jskls, Kamla, periamma and 4 others like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

GG well said.

2 people like this.
  5. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

Dear neetu , as usual , a wonderful humorous narration with a deep message hidden inside .
    It's worthy of nomination to the finest posts.

1 person likes this.
  6. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful piece of article with nice message with simple everyday objects. Wonderful narration. :hatsoff to you neetu.

1 person likes this.
  7. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot ma :)
    Very happy to see u grace my piece.

8. parineetha

Dear Minjagan,

LOL..thats ok :) I understand, It didn't have a very good beginning I agree :)
    happy that finally some found interest to read and enjoy...don't run away seeing my name next time, pls keep coming ok :-D

1 person likes this.
  9. parineetha

LOL..LOL..different people..different feelers :)))))) I seriously can stop grinning reading all the strange thoughts the title gave..
    To tell u the truth, I was so intrigued with the title "the curious case of Benjamin button" and wanted to create something from it..Pencil fitted the case nicely coz I could relate to movie where Brad pitt had a curious syndrome of reverse aging. He's born as an old man and dies as a baby. Likewise even pencil is reduced to a tiny bit after use. so that how the snippet was born but as I said it took lots of twists n turns as it pleased the 'nut case' Neetu

Very true, its the zero paper age, when everything is stored electronically, so pencil is almost becoming of no use. :(

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

First of all hugs to you Neetu dear for such an excellent post . Also congrats for the post being nominated by so many people. I have finished my nominations, otherwise I would have nominated. You are rocking in snippets now a days. Was very happy to read the compliments you received from the great writers of IL.

Got this from Google, thought of sharing

• 1. In the beginning, the Pencil Maker spoke to the pencil saying, "There are five things you need to know before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and you will become the best pencil you can be." The Pencil Parable
    • 2. You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand. First:
    • 3. You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but this is required if you are to become a better pencil. Second:
    • 4. You have the ability to correct any mistakes you might make. Third:
    • 5. The most important part of you will always be what's inside. Fourth:
    • 6. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write. You must always leave a clear, legible mark no matter how difficult the situation. Fifth:
    • 7. The pencil understood, promising to remember, and went into the box fully understanding its Maker's purpose.
    • 8. Now put yourself in place of the pencil; always remember it and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.
    • 9. You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess. One:
    • 10. You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems, but you'll need it to become a stronger person. Two:
    • 11. You will be able to correct mistakes you might make or grow through them. Three:
    • 12. The most important part of you will always be what's on the inside. Four:
    • 13. On every surface you walk, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to serve God in everything. And Five:
    • 14. Everyone is like a pencil... created by the Maker for a unique and special purpose. By understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart and a daily relationship with God. You were Made to do Great Things!

3 people like this.