1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The constant stare.. What did it mean?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mals
    Your girlie one is real touchy. Yah I know there are so many vendors in the local trains. I use to hear these things from my friends who use to travel by these trains. Some of these kids work during the day and go for night school too, I have no idea how much is the truth but have heard them from some friends. These kids really work so hard.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aruna

Some of them do go to night school. They never rob, they just sell, earn their money and go. Most of them are regulars and you can see them everyday. Some of them become part of our family. We can get off without paying them if we do not have enough change of coins. They trust us as much as we trust them...

Thanks Aruna for stepping in to my post.

3. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Very touching..
    Lots n lots one can experience in a Mumbai local train.

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mals
    Thanks for the information. As I stayed in Thane for 8 years but never got a chance to travel much. Might be 2 or 3 times, that too by first class. But use to always hear about these things from them. They have so much of selfrespect. Which is really good.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lotus007,

Thanks for peeping in. We have the pleasure of experiencing many things and learn from the local trains of Mumbai.

6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Mals, It is a nice writeup. I enjoyed reading it. Whenever i go to India i have to bring the things like bindis, clips, pins, combs and other articles which may be needed for the whole year. I too make it a point to buy clips, safety pins, bindis, combs etc. only from these girls who commute in chennai EMUs. I really feel very sad for them. These girls have no one to take care of, they take a risk and commute in the trains where so many people try to misbehave with them. Sometimes they even fall prey in the hands of the criminals who would dare to do anything to them. I use to compare myself with these girls. Until we got married our parents took good care of us and never put us in such a situation. How lucky we are! God has placed us in such a wonderful place and we should always be thankful to him. It is good to help these children in all possible means.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

Such a touching story.So well told.Yes im sure u wont forget that girl for a long long time.

Check oput my next blog.i have a surprise for u.thanks.kamal

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mals,
    That was a touching post, indeed!
    Did you meet your girlie, later!
    We also in Chennai experience those incidents in the train.
    Even those who could not see, sell things, and as you had mentioned, they calculate quickly which is very much amazing!

sriniketan

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

This was my experience with a girl in the train. Just decided to jot it for readers. Thanks for peeping in. I will step in your latest post.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sujatha.

I compare my lifestyle at her age and feel I was so blessed and am still blessed. These things kindle the feelings and make me take a small step to help them..
    Love and Regards