1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The college days!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 7, 2013.

1. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

The College Days.. Part 10-A

Akshay pulled a chair and took a seat. "What took you so long", asked his dad.His dad didn't wait for an answer and took out two chapatti from the plastic casserole for himself and closed the lid, he served some dal and started helping himself.

Akshay didn't answer the question and helped himself by serving his food.

Everyone maintained silent at the dining table. Soon after dinner Akshay went back to his room and off to sleep.

The entire weekend was spend working on his project and checking his mobile for Ashika's message. She didn’t seem to add Akshay to her contacts.

On Monday morning Akshay felt it was the longest weekend ever and he was glad to get back to college.

Akshay as usual pulled out a pair of jeans and a T-shirt looked at it and changed his mind. He put them aside and went for a shirt instead. A simple half sleeved white shirt. He took an extra effort to iron the shirt, he neatly hung it on a hanger.

My beard has overgrown thought Akshay to himself. Akshay started trimming his beard. Once he was satisfied, he wore the shirt and sprayed quite a lot of perfume on.

Akshay was all set to leave when his mom's said, "Hey you are looking good today",which made him satisfied with his look and in turn confident.

He walked out of his house and decided to keep talking to Ashika at college, He wanted to know Ashika more.

To be continued..

Hey! Wish you a happy and prosperous new year!! :)

3 people like this.
  2. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

The college days Part 10-B

Akshay opened the door to the classroom and tried to get a glimpse of Ashika. He looked through the corner of his eye at her usual seat, to his surprise didn't find her.

Akshay suddenly looked around in search of her, Amal tapped on his shoulder saying "Hey, what happened? You seem to be lost."
    Yes, Akshay was lost to a certain extend. He took a seat nearby and said "Nothing Amal, I'm fine."

The lecturers seemed to dragging, after the first two lecturers Akshay thought of skipping the next and to go in search of Ashika. He had planned to visit few places in search of her- the canteen, the library.

What if she missed few classes and wanted to spend her time at the canteen or library thought Akshay to himself.

Akshay didn't inform anyone that he was skipping the next class, an attempt to avoid all the possible question. He decided on his first destination- the canteen.

On the way to the canteen he met Vishal, "Ohh No!!" Akshay said to himself. "Hey Akshay said Vishal excitedly" Akshay didn't know how to avoid Vishal.

"Hey Vishal" said Akshay and added, I shall get myself a coffee and be back soon said Akshay walking faster than usual. "Hey! I will come along said Vishal chasing Akshay."

"What a pain can Vishal be at times" thought Akshay. He tried to control his irritation; Akshay searched each nook and corner for Ashika in the canteen. She wasn't there!

"Where would she be? Is she absent?" Akshay thoughts were interrupted by Vishal. "What are you looking for, go place your order." said Vishal.

Akshay was forced to place the order, "One coffee said Akshay." The canteen supplier looked at Vishal next. "Same here", said Vishal."

"Let's sit there", said Vishal pointing to 2 empty seats." Akshay tried to gobbling the entire coffee as fast as he could."

"Slowly boy" said Vishal and added that there is still time for the next lecturer.

"No, I'm not attending the next lecture" said Akshay and reminded Vishal to hurry for the next lecturer.

"If you aren't attending I will give you company" added Vishal.
    It's fine with me Vishal, you can attend" said Akshay trying to avoid Vishal.

"No boy, I'm with you", said Vishal happy with his decision.

Akshay moved on to his next destination- the library. At the entrance Vishal pulls back Akshay by holding on to his shirt and says, "Didn't you find any other place to spend your time?"

"Well.. ahh.. I just need some information" lied Akshay. Information what information?" asked Vishal immediately.

Akshay pulled away Vishal's hand and said "You wait here!" in a tone louder than the usual. He walked up the entire library, she wasn't there either.

Akshay walked out of the library unbothered about Vishal. Vishal followed Akshay's instruction and waited outside the library.

Akshay somehow managed to stay for the next lectures, he handed his project and started walking home, without bothering to say "bye" to his friends.

Akshay didn't speak much at home in spite of his dad not being at home. He just wanted to end the day and went to bed earlier than the usual.

He kept thinking of all possible reasons of why she was absent. "Was there an issue made at home as I walked her home" was one of the reasons he thought of.

As he closed his eyes trying to get some sleep, his cell phone screen lighted up and vibrated!

To be continued..

3 people like this.
  3. ANKITHA01

ANKITHA01 Silver IL'ite

4. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank Uuu Ankitha!!

5. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Nice post again meril... waiting for next...

6. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank uu Divshiri!!

Thank uu Deepu!!

1 person likes this.
  8. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

The college days.. Part 11

Akshay managed to stretch out his hand to take his cell phone placed on the table.

1 Message Received

His heart beat increased and kept his fingers crossed for Ashika's message. His excitement faded in matter of seconds when he read the sender's name "Vishal" it was a random friendship message from Vishal.

Akshay gave a long sigh and his distress turned into anger. He scolded himself for expecting so much from Ashika.

It isn't a great favour that I have done which would even build up a friendship between us.

Why did I ever ruin my entire day thinking of her?

Akshay tried advising his feeling and made a self agreement not to expect much out of Ashika.He forced himself back to sleep promising not to be so concerned about her.

The next day seemed too hard to start with a disturbed sleep, he didn't want to miss college as being at home with nothing much to do would leave him with plenty of time to think.

He didn't want to leave his mind for the devils to work and decided to go to college. "I would be happy with my friends" Akshay tried to convince himself.

After his quick breakfast, he opened his cupboard and pulled out a shirt that his mom had neatly ironed.

Akshay then throw it away and thought "Why should I dress to impress anyone?" he dressed in his usual- a pair of jeans and t-shirt, wore his shoes and swung his bag onto his shoulder.

On his way to the main door, he saw his mom clearing out the table after breakfast. "Bye mom", said Akshay.

"Oh Akshay! You were looking so nice yesterday, why u wearing a t-shirt today??" asked his mom.

Akshay was irritated and replied "I dress the way I want, this is my style and I don't want to change for anyone!!" saying this he shut the door behind his mom.

His mom was clueless of what provoked Akshay!

To be continued..

3 people like this.
  9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Meril Nice story so far.....
    I love your narration and your command over your language it is excellent.....

1 person likes this.
  10. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

The College days.. Part 12-A

Akshay felt like it has been forever since he last met Ashika and was hoping to see her today.

He entered the classroom with high expectation and his high expectation paved it's way to disappointment in no time. Ashika wasn't in the class!

Akshay couldn't remember if Ashika was a frequent absentee, even though she was a dream girl for every single guy in the college. Nobody paid much attention to her as months/years passed by.

Akshay decided to step out of the classroom before any of his friend's notice his presence.

He wasn't interested to attend the lecture, "I wouldn't be attentive in class and I'm prone to be asked questions by the lecturer when I am the least attentive"-he thought to himself.

Akshay walked the entire corridor twice aimlessly, didn't have any clue of what to do.

Akshay's legs were aching and decided to enter the canteen, "I can get seat there", he thought as he entered the canteen. He greeted and shook hand to few familiar faces seen in the canteen.

He suddenly noticed a face, a face he has been searching in the classroom for..

Yes!! It was her-Ashika!!

Akshay thought for a second if he needs to talk to her or keep a distance as he promised himself last night.

I will talk to her but maintain my distance he decided, being fair to his promise as well as his feelings.

To be continued..

3 people like this.