1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Church Of The Holy Sepulchre

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:With reverence @Cheeniya
    Your post in any case hijacked and in transit to Thirumala Hills & to the sanctum of Lord Venkateswara.
    Between sepulchre and SESHACHALAM, the common denominator is rock.
    In one case hole is made in huge rock to keep body and in the other huge lord is carved out of rock.
    So I decided to enrich the discussions by giving a link about hitherto or seldom heard points such as Behind deity one can hear sound of sea waves etc.
    10 fascinating facts about Tirupati Temple unknown to people
    Regards.
    Tagging: @Srama @shravs3 @Mistt

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    shravs3, Srama and Mistt like this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagu
    All fascinating information but with the two second 'Jerugandi', we just can have a glance at the face of the Deity for a second.
    In my college days, I would climb the hill by foot and do angapradakshanam with my friends on 1st January. I have done it half a dozen times.
    Sri

shravs3, Srama, Mistt and 1 other person like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It must have stood you in good stead in short and long run. I should say a rewarding exercise cum offering at that. Thanks and Regards.

God bless young followers through Sri @Cheeniya

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Enjoyed reading them! Thank you for sharing sir! My mom had tons of information like this and oh that ladoo and that vada! Well we get it even now here in US - actually I get the prasadam more here than India, thanks to a friend reminding me that my moms blessings continue to come! Come to think of it, I have always had the blessing of this Lord of Seven Hills! Who would be fortunate to get prasadam once every three or four months!
    Thank you sir!

Thyagarajan, Mistt and shravs3 like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I am discovering more and more about my past sir :)
    With mom there, I was never in the general queue, nope not even once and I have always stood for more than 5 mins every time I visited, back then! And you know dad was picked a couple of times to be a random witness for the hundi collection and he always came back mind blown! My mom too - always showed for Jan 1st and then brahmotsava and then this and that till eventually it became a place for her to disappear to think, pray and come back rejuvinated!

PS: I am not sure why so much of this Lord is coming my way this time around :)

Mistt and Thyagarajan like this.