The best Valentine's day I had - Feb month contest

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

DEar CBI,honey bee & Vmur,
    congrats..........eagerly awating to read ur post..:2thumbsup:
    bye,
    vivbass.

2. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:) congrats to all of u :2thumbsup:

3. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chilbulli Imli, Honeybee and Vmur

Hearty Congrats to all the three of you. Eagerly wating to read all ur entries.

Regards
    Priya

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Congratulations to all three of you,Chilbuli Imli,honeybee and vmur.:2thumbsup:

Waiting to read the entries.

5. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,meenaprakash,seena,meenu,vidya,vivbass,radha,priya & sunitha
    :thankyou2: for your wishes.

Regards
    Honeybee

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

here's my entry..

special moments

Valentine's day... The very thought and cherished memories of my first Valentine's day brings a smile and blush on my face even to this day.

I have always wondered during my college days.. what's so special about valentine's day? Why do the media and magazines attach so such importance to this event? Sounds & appears more westernised. Maybe when I get a chance I'll know better.

I did not get an opportunity before my wedding because we were engaged in May and the wedding was scheduled for October end. My only option was to celebrate Feb 14th after marriage.

Once I got married, I landed in California as a new bride as my husband, a software engineer, was on deputation. Happy & romantic ,fun filled days rolled by .It was almost around Feb Ist week that my excitement & expectations began soaring high. The much awaited Valentine's day was fast approaching.. This was a special occassion.. our first Valentine's day.

I began throwing some subtle hints to my husband and was trying to read his thoughts about what he had to say regarding Valentine's Day. After all we were living in a place well known for Valentine's day celebrations and there is no way one could overlook the same. He remained quite cool & calm every time I broached the subject and used to deviate from the topic or give some witty replies. I was determined to celebrate Valentine's day in my own style and decided to proceed with my plans. I wanted to show my husband that I loved and cared for him and this was the best occassion to express my love for him..

I created a personalised, romantic E-card for him in 123greetings on Feb 13th and set the date of card delivery as Feb 14th assuming that it would reach him the first thing in the morning. My internet savvy husband's routine is to check his mails early in the morning with a cup of coffee and then continue surfing the net. I had planned an elaborate south indian menu for lunch comprising of his favourite dishes as he used to come home for lunch. I wanted to make use of this opportunity to the best extent to impress him. As the saying goes "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". Getting him a surprise gift was not a feasible plan because I would have to depend on somebody to accompany me to the mall. Satisfied that everything was fine from my side, I went to bed all set for the Big Day.

The next morning I was woken up by my husband who wished me with a beautiful bouquet of red roses and a cute card which had the most romantic caption..."To my love,with loads of Love".I was touched.. overwhelmed. He told me that he wanted to give me a surprise and hence had remained silent all along.He had purchased and kept the card and bouquet in the car itself the previous night because he did not want me to see it. He began browsing as usual and I sat next to him eager to read his facial expressions when he opened my card. But surprisingly my card had not reached him. I was puzzled.I told him that I had sent him a special e-card , wanted to keep it a secret but had to let the cat out of the bag because it had not yet reached. He consoled me saying that since the requests to the web sites would be extremely high, the website would deliver the card a little late. He left for work and I became busy with my cooking. I gave him a call around 11am to enquire about the card and the answer was negative.I was confused because I picked up his email id from my rediff addressbook and now I had a new brainwave.. what if I had sent it to somebody else instead?I scanned the addresses above and below his email id.. both belonged to my good friends and both were guys.. I became ill at ease and totally restless..I did not want to disturb my husband frequently at work and pester him with the same old question.

My husband came home and appreciated me for the interactive,lovely card I had sent. He had just received the E-card before he started for lunch. I heaved a sigh of relief.My husband enjoyed the lunch.. I was thrilled when he complimented my cooking.This was what I had been longing for. Praise and recognition from a special person. He told me that he had booked for dinner at an excellent Indian restuarant well in advance and we had to be there at 8 pm.I was so excited.
    (contd...)

7. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

My husband's elder brother lives close by.. about 20 mins drive from our place. I got a call from my Sister in law.She had shopping plans for the afternoon after lunch and wanted me to join her. I gladly agreed.It was decided that she would wait for me at Macy's and my husband would drop me there. .

My husband dropped me at Macy's on the way to his workplace after lunch. There was another surprise in store for me.My SIL took me to the women's apparels section and asked me to pick some western wear of my choice.. Jeans and T-shirts . I was too stunned even to react. I was hesitant initially but she convinced me and helped me to pick the right ones which suited me.She told me that my husband had asked her to assist me in picking the apt ones..I had never worn Jeans before marriage and everytime my husband told me I should give it a shot I had been steadily postponing the shopping spree. So he felt I might need assistance in making the proper selection and would feel more comfortable if I had a female companion around and had requested her to do the needful. He had granted a very liberal amount towards the purchases .

I came home a totally jubilant person and eagerly awaited my husband's return. Needless to say..We had a very romantic dinner .I enjoyed myself all the more wearing a new outfit. Thanks to my husband 's thoughtful gesture I broke free from my prejudice against western wear ,gained confidence and began wearing western wear frequently ever since. We had some photos taken on Valentine's day and had them arranged in a pretty album.

Though a few more years have rolled by and we are back in India.. we continue celebrating Valentine's day in a simple way..I get my bouquet of roses which symbolises his pure love for me and I send him an e-card atleast a day ahead.

My first Valentine's day is the best & the most unforgettable day of my life because ours being an arranged marriage I did not have an opportunity to get to know him much before marriage . Being in a totally new country and all alone ,our first Feb 14th made me understand how fortunate I was to get such a loving and caring husband as my best friend & companion for life. His warmth made me overcome my loneliness in an alien place very quickly . Love multiplies manifold , the bond of love strengthens when expressed mutually with sincerity and devotion is what I realised on our first Valentine's day.

I treasure the card and gift I got on our first Valentine's day. Every year on Feb 14th we take a glance at the album & fondly recollect the special moments we shared on our first Valentine's day and will continue to cherish the sweet memories forever.

8. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Honeybee,

Wow!!! Congratulations.

Your entry is very good & reflects howmuch ur hubby loves u n takecare of u....
    I loved the way, you expreesed ur luv to ur better half on Valentine's day...
    I wish u to celebrate Valentine's day every year happily with ur hubby n ur luved ones...

Luv
    Tej:wave

9. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Sowmya, so sweet! You poured extra love to our heart...

10. AnanyaRam

AnanyaRam New IL'ite

Dear Honey Bee,

That was a great way to celebrate V-day...I am sure your hubby is a LUCKY man. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.