1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 12 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 28, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

4. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

5. varalotti

The Final Episode Is Out;I am free, now

Most Gracious ILites,
    At last I am free. The final episode has been posted a few seconds ago. I crave your indulgence for the delay in posting the final episode the reasons for which I had already explained.
    Of course I replied individually to all the ILites who commented on the serial. Still I feel that I could not adequately thank the ILites for their really overwhelming support for this serial, which was much more than what I got for the earlier serial.
    This is the time to thank each of the ILites who read the episodes meticulously, who pointed out the errors and excesses and who praised the right things and in general provided me with a vital tonic to write more and write better.
    This is also the time to apologise to those ILites whom I might have unconsciously hurt by my overly defensive, bordering-on-rudeness replies.
    Thanks for being with me throughout which is the greatest accolade you can ever hope to shower on a writer. You have done that to me. Thanks.
    Episodes 9 through 12 were edited by my dear friend.
    In the final episode there is a scene where Sethu says that what he did was a 'labour of love'. My editor friend asked me what this term meant. I explained when an act is done without any ulterior motive it becomes labour of love. There is nothing romantic about it; but everything about it is love. When I work for a fee it is plain labour. But when my daughter wants me to buy something for her for which I go to the other end of the town wading the impossible traffic, then that is a labour of love. In doing a labour of love there is no reward other than the happiness you see in the face of your son or daughter or your friend.
    My editor friend should have been convinced by my explanation. She let that phrase stay in the episode.
    Now what the friend did to me in editing these episodes can be rightly described as a labour of love. For there is no reward involved. And after hearing about this phrase my friend insisted that her name should not appear anywhere. I had to reluctantly concede to her demand.
    May Meena Madam (Madurai Meenakshi) bless my friend with all happiness she deserves.
    Thanks a million, my dear friend, for your labour of love.
    I will be now taking a break for a while before launching upon the next project. I won't be idle. I will be watching what every ILite is doing (thanks to "Who's on line") and if I feel like it, I will come out with snippets to provoke you.
    Happy reading and have a nice time.
    regards,
    Varalotti
    PS: Of course I will be individually replying to all your comments on the final episode also.

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

GGrand finale,varlotti

Dear varlotti,
    I just now read the final episode. The ending is really beautiful. I did like your term labour of love, perhaps it is a more beautiful usage and in simple layman's language the purpose of life.Althouh swetha<s decision is little melodramatic, I understand your wishful thinking and message.I have yet to hear of a bollywood actress who gives up comforts and limelight. In fact I believe they enter politics when old only to keep themselves in limelight.So it is a message to all those people. I admire the way you have portrayed the accountant in sethu.Being an accountant"s wife I know how much work they put in most of it out of love for the profession.Thank you for giving us an enjoyable time.We are looking forward to more variety.
    Meenu.

7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

PLease dont take a break!!!

I may be extremely selfish in saying this Varalotti,but please dont take a break. We just dont seem to get enough of your wonderful writings! The last episode was breath taking.Brought suttle tears, you have given a nice message to people about priorites in life,contrast to the general expectations that Sethu would have married Shwetha.

Too good Varalotti , hats off to a wonderful writer. I enjoyed this serial as much as i did for the "Haunted House"!

Once again....pllllease dont take a break! If you take a break, there nothing in IL in the entertainment forum to look forward to!..:(.Pls keep posting something -- a snippet, a incident , or at least share with us some of your personal life (or audit) experiences! This is my sincere request and i am sure all ILites will agree with me!

Thanks and Regards,
    Purnima
    (ps - i have written from ammas id in the enthu fight with my mom for the comp to read your story, i forgot to even login to my id!!!!)

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    congrats on finishing the episodes with aplomb!
    Am i glad that Swetha's character has got more strength and integrity! You have really floored us all , what with Sethu not accepting Swetha immediately, but honestly accepting his soft corner for her....and reminding her gently that Raji is still in his mind, ....and sticking to his decision to work in an orpahange....and swetha following suit,...anyway you have left it to our imagination that there is scope for romance, in the long run!Let Sethu and Swetha be happy in their chosen , noble path!and we will let thembe in peace!
    Sharada #s character was also finely etched by quietly supporting Swetha and Sethu's decision and not interfering!
    Good job, sleep peacefully and sooncome up withsomething different to stun your fans!

9. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re: Wah..wah...sridharji

An apt end.........a passable end.........a cinematic end..........ooffhh........so u wanted to play safe in this ladies forum Sridharji??..........I thought u were going to give a K Balachander type of ending and here..............now..now......tell me the truth.......was this the end u had planned for........or u arrived at it after feeling the pulse of the forum..............though i had always wanted only this type of ending....... I got actually impressed with the type of ending the film"Tiruttu Payale" and "Azhagaye irukkirai bayamai irrukiradhu" had.............very realistic..........people dont change that fast............probably that way I would have retained swetha in the bollywood and send sethu to chennai........where sethu would render service to the orphanage as well as set up a small CA firm where he would carry on his practice in a small way........remember he was a workaholic........oh..oh...sridharji........c... oru kadahai and irandu mudivugal........howzzat........(seeing 2 many films these days.....???).......waiting for ur next story.............eagerly as usual.............

10. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

unexpected climax!

Dear Sridhar,
    You have ended the serial beautifully,making us ponder as to how style of life changes according to the vicissitudes one goes through, and the change of values morrows bring-moulds - binds without one's knowledge!
    Your creation has unrolled a mini replica of life, ensnaring readers through the frail instrument-PEN! May it have long life!
    It was nice meeting your lovely wife and smart daughter. We liked her, and got along well; I believe she sings very well! Best wishes to her and sweet Preeti.

Last edited: May 29, 2006