1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The art of self-care!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sooryarocks, Mar 10, 2011.

1. sooryarocks

sooryarocks New IL'ite

I was a pampered child, one whose wishes were granted, whose dreams were fulfilled. I never realised this until I married.

Here I am two years into my married life, and coming to realise the fact that in life there is noone who will take care of you, you need to take care of yourself. There isn't a caring mom who makes sure you eat on time, there isn;t a dad who would make you hot cups of coffee when you are down, there isn't the worry if you feel sick.

Your friends and colleagues seem to realise that you have lost weight over the couple of months and look extremely waek and you get advise to take care of your health, but when you mention that to your spouse, he does not seem to think so, probably because he is lost in his own work.

I seem to be too used to been taken good care of, and I miss that!

Similar Threads
    1. Viswamitra
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hi soorya,

Very touching post ma. :welcome to the blogging world.

See my dear above everything there is the Supreme Deity to take care of all of us:bowdown

Just take life as it comes yaar!
    Chillout!

Keep writing a lot soorya..you'll find an easy outlet for your worries and I'm sure as your name says U WILL ROCK!

Good Luck.

:cheers
    SARAS

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Nice post :thumbsup.
    And that's why we are from Venus and Men from Mars :bonk
    Jokes aside, our mom might have felt the same when she got married and started new, yet, she managed it all by herself although dad did contribute here and there(and was definitely the bread winner). Likewise, we are in the phase where we need to step up and become the caregiver and your dh will always be the part of the caregiving team(with you in the lead) when it comes to your children :thumbsup

4. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

yes thatz true..........no words to make up yet we have to divert our mind.

5. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Soorya,

Welcome to blogging. Even I felt the same four years back. It is part of lifecycle. Our moms would have felt the same. We are still not kids. Now we are bound to take care of our kids. What your mom did yesterday is what you will do to your kid tomorrow. I know it will be really hard initially, but we have to accept it. Life has to go and we have to go along with it. If you keep thinking, we will not come out. Think it in a different way - try to be independent. After you get used to it, you will actually love to be independent.

As said by Saras ji, keep writing. Pen down all you feelings in the form of writing, which will take you a different world. I promise you, you will lot more relaxed after you start writing. It is a very good companian. I'm telling this from my own personal experience.
    Cheer up dear!!

6. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Soorya, It is true that we have to take care of ourselves after we get married. After children are born, we have to take care of them also. Please don't feel desperate. You can go to your mom's place and stay for a week if you feel very let down. Keep writing. There are very good friends in our IL. they will definitely give you valuable advice. Regards, Take Care