1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘Foot-in-Mouth’ Syndrome…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,

It surely will be you who has the insight to come at the correct time with a befitting post!

I always get a little pensive at the end of the year thinking about all that happened during the year gone by. Another passing year, another year older. But, am I also a little bit more wiser? Well, for some reason, the ratio doesn't seem to work that way for me. I never seem to be able to stop myself before I put that..yes, that foot...in my mouth. It is almost always with my girls who are no little girls anymore. I just don't seem to register that!! But it is my suspicion that they provoke me so they can remind me later that they are too old for that pep talk! My only consolation is that their turn too will come one day!

Tell you, being mother is no easy task!!

As usual, it is a sheer pleasure to read your blogs. I guess that others too think so going by the nominations you get for the FP of the month.

L, Kamla

PS: For you, I have to bring in color dear Padma
    :)

2. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Padma,

Loved this one. We have another name for this 'Foot in the Mouth' syndrome. It is called "Don't Park the Scooter!' It was a joke shared by me and my late FIL. Now I use it with my husband whenever he interferes in unnecessary matters...

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamla,

As always, reading your colourful fb puts me on a high!

You are really gifted to be able to put the ideas across so well, I specially liked this bit...

"Well, for some reason, the ratio doesn't seem to work that way for me. I never seem to be able to stop myself before I put that..yes, that foot...in my mouth"

You said it, being a mother like walking a tight-rope...but we do it with tact and take whatever comes in our stride, so let me say
    ' :hatsoff to us Moms'

Loved your appreciative words, Kamla my dear friend!

LnBBHs,
    Padma