1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thats Why!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Dec 20, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

They just boarded that long distance bus then. Both were young and good looking and dressed well. He had a look of concern, but her eyes reflected her conviction. Not that she was not worried, but she appeared a bit confident.

They were lovers alright and were just married a few hours back. They didn't like to marry in that way, but had to, though they waited for several years. He had nobody else for himself and she only had a father. Her father had been and still was her role model. But she could not understand why he refused to accept their love. In fact her lover was more educated, had decent looks, was a teetotaller and earned more than her. And she felt that he was the one made for her. They did not take any drastic step and waited for four long years hoping that her dad would change.

He did not and was trying to convince her to choose someone from the list that he had. After a point, she decided what to do. There was no option. She asked her lover to come to her home and together, they asked for his approval. They got the same answer. She then said good-bye to her shocked dad and left with him, without taking anything from there.

Seeing him worried, she said, "Don't worry! Dad will be alright!". "You know? I could have still felt alright had you obliged to your dad!", he said. "Thats why I came with you!", she said.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,

A good one. She wanted him at any cost....even defying her father. She waited and waited for his approval and then she took the final plunge. That's why she was confidant. But he was sometimes apprehensive and was mentally prepared that if her father did not agree, she may agree to one of the matches father suggested. he was prepared for that also.

Syamala

3. rgsrinivasan

Thats correct Syamala. Thanks for summing that up nicely. -rgs

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your 'like' and appreciation Strangerrr. You and few other ILs are one of the very few reasons, I write blogs here, you know? -rgs

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

I don't if i have to be glad or worried on hearing this; Once again let me apologize for not showing up regularly...

7. rgsrinivasan

You need not apologize, dear friend! Sorry had I pushed you to say so. I am just wondering at the general lack of comments, not just for my blogs, but to others' as well. And we can't demand a feedback, right. I just feel happy writing something here. If there is no response, its only fair that I should stop doing that. Nothing else. And I have absolutely no worries in stopping as well. I accept that most ILs are busy / seeing from their mobile or other valid reasons as well.
    Thanks for your concern. -rgs

8. Anshikaa

Anshikaa New IL'ite

Dear RGS,

I have never commented on your blog, but i always look forward to it. Please keep writing.......

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Anshikaa. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs