1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Thappad - How Much Is The Limit For A Wife?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by winterhue, Jan 31, 2020.

1. winterhue

winterhue Silver IL'ite

Just watched the trailer for the movie Thappad and felt really really amazed. Definitely watching this movie. What do you all think?
    Edit: I erroneously posted in the In-laws Forum. I think it should be moved to the "Married Life " Forum. Admin, request your help.

Mistt, KashmirFlower and Rihana like this.

2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Very good trailer. We need more movies like these and more awareness.

winterhue and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

with all good starcast like taapsi and Ratna pathak, Manav kaul (not sure what his role in pic, just a glimpse in trailer), i think it goes to more audience and makes people think and bring awareness.

The last dialogue in the trailer is crux of the film I felt, "with this thappad i could see unfairness clearly" something like that.

And the director Anubhav sinha, can't ask for more to get this point accross

@winterhue thanks for starting this thread, I watched trailer and felt it should go to as many people as it can.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Mistt, Rihana and winterhue like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Finest Post Winner

Thanks for sharing, winterhue. Looking forward to the movie. Its release date is 28th Feb. I will hopefully go 2nd day, 2nd show, 2nd row from the back on 29th February. : ) Like KashmirFlower said, what a star cast!

The topic definitely needs more awareness. I hope the movie becomes a hit through word of mouth and repeat audience.

About the main question itself -- what is the limit for the wife, I do not have a well-defined opinion. If something is a deal-breaker for a man or a woman, it is a deal-breaker. Just because others are fine with it, does not mean he or she has to be fine with it. Even within a marriage, the man and woman might have different tolerance levels and different measures. What one finds forgive-able, the other might not.

Going by the little shown in the trailer, I thought while she has the right to seek divorce if a slap is the end of marriage for her, not much is shown of how/whether the man tries to atone for it.

Men slap, women use words? a thread from long ago.

winterhue, Thyagarajan, lazy and 2 others like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing the trailer here and looks like a thought provoking story. I must watch it.

winterhue likes this.