1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Terrific Thirty

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anjali10, Feb 25, 2011.

1. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

As I celebrate my thirtieth birthday, I dont fret at the number of candles on my cake.
    With a naughty cute baby boy in my arms, I blow out my candles and clap with his hands in my hands.

Some of my friends moved abroad after marriage or after college. They seemed to be enjoying and I too wanted to have international experience. I used to look at snaps and exclaim "they are playing in the snow". I used to miss the weekend outings, kitty parties, social network that my friends had. They were in nuclear families, they could wear real western clothes, they could stuff food in refrigerators for 2-3 days together. They seemed to be rocking. One of my friends had a robo which would clean the carpet when people at home were away.

I have been in the same city for almost my entire life. I feel so comfortable in every corner and every turn. There is no language problem or culture shock. I am no alien. Nobody looks at me strangely. I cook fresh food daily thrice. My DH likes it. I am in a joint family and my in-laws take care of my son very well. We go out to malls or parks every week. We have a outing once every year. I have a regular, punctual servant maid.

Today, I weigh lower than I was when I was twenty something and I can get into my jeans which are 6 years old. I am much more fitter. I can run on treadmill for 45 minutes at minimum speed 9. I cycle to work. Cycling to work was never my dream. Probably I am living somebody's else dream.

I have a understanding husband who has known me for years and put up with me through all my temper tempests. I have a loving son to whom I am center of universe. I have a decent career. I have concerned colleagues from office. I have great in -laws who are my support system.

Thirty is not as bad as it sounded when I was twenty.
    For me, thirty is just a number.

When I look at teenagers or twenty-something youngsters I dont feel jealous or want to be their age. I have been in their age, done most of what they do and I have moved on. I am happy in my age and with what I am doing. May be I have come of age !!!

Hows your thirty been ?

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hi anjali,

I really enjoyed every line of yours.

What an air of dignity and maturity:thumbsup:thumbsup

Beautiful!!

:cheers
    SARAS

3. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

Dear Saras,

Thank you for your encouragement!!!

4. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Each and every point holds good for me too...except...I'm yet to reach thirty:bonk

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I am dreading the day when I reach 30. I may / may not feel bad when I am 30, but now it feels bad :hide: At least, I need not worry about it for another 2 years :)

Nice to read your blog :thumbsup

6. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Let me wait for another two year to reach thirty......and its really nice to read your blog...

7. mamataf24

mamataf24 New IL'ite

Hi..

Nice post..I am also not worried about reaching thirties..though i have 2 yrs to go..Time will pass by and we would not even realize..:)

8. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

Hi Anjali, you may be thirty
    but you have written with the enthusiasm of a fifteen year old teenager.
    We are all bound to age
    but in our hearts we must stay young forever.

You showed the way, I will follow you :)
    I will turn 40 in next 3 years

cheers
    suresh

9. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Anjali, When we are young at heart, age is only a number. Regards.

10. anjali10

anjali10 New IL'ite

Hi Mamata,

I agree. No need to think much. It will just pass