Temple In Dubai

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by Nijasav, May 12, 2013.

1. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends

I heard that there is a Sai Baba mandir where the lamp was brought from Shirdi baba temple before years and it is still burning continuously. Can anyone knows about it? A friend of mine mentioned and i could not beleive, because i never heard before.
    This temple is only for Sai baba ( actually house converted mandir it seems).
    Please share the details of this temple.
    Iam eagerly waiting for the good news from you Dubai ILs

1 person likes this.

2. manalimanoj

manalimanoj Silver IL'ite

hi Nijasav
    i also heard this first time. but in the temple of shiva there is sai baba temple may be it is the same. i do not know if the lamp there is same or not.

3. serendipeety

serendipeety New IL'ite

if its true...someone pls drop in the details about it

4. priyashyam29

priyashyam29 Bronze IL'ite

There is a saibaba centre in Jumeirah ( Geebee villa ) But not sure about the lamp

5. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Can we go and darshan SaiBaba?

6. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

did this start some 15 years back?

7. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

hi

There was this Shirdi Sai Baba temple in Jumeira 1, villa converted as temple. I had gone to this temple, had darshan and arati and also had nice prasad of puri / channa etc. on a Friday. The problem is the villa surrounded by adjacent villas are occupied by local Arabs and they protested due to mainly the crowd getting in, in loud noices, groups, erratic parking in front of their gates and disturbing their privacy and the quiteness in the area and complained to Municipality which apparently asked them to close down.

But after few years, I once just managed to check if the temple is open for public and yes it was [this is again 3 years before] and used to go regularly, park away from the temple and attended evening Arati also at 7 and 9 PM. Beautiful Bhajans are sung by people daily with elaborate arati. In the outside open garden they had put a mandir for Lord Shiva under a mountain like with fountain etc. and for Lord Saneeswara also. The place was full of divine and serene.

One day when I went to get darshan, I found it was closed again and not open for public any more the poojari said, again due to locals' protest I guess and Municipality ordered to close.

I have not made attempts again to check if its open.

There is a Puttaparthi Sai Baba bhajans and pooja take place in Umm Suqaim area in Choithrams bungalow in their basement on Thursday and Friday when Puttaparthi Sai Baba was alive. I had gone there also again after lot of location search, we found this. But not sure if it continues now after His death.

There is a Shiv, Shirdi Sai Baba and Krishna temple in Bur Dubai.....

Rgds
    Shanti

deeparull, Sumedha123 and Nijasav like this.
  8. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shanti, Can you check again the Jumeira temple and tell you whether it is open or shifted somewhere...please