Tell Me Ur Nickname Please

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by sunkan, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

and pedhu antey pl do tell us

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Ha ha ha.....

There was no particular meaning of Jabu..atleast not for both of us.....But u made me wonder and set me thinking and searching for that......

I discovered that its a common name in southern africa and is the short form of Jabulani which means "Happiness" in Zulu language..so thanx ...

And yes, now I want to know what is ogo :mrgreen:...i guess it is "dear" in bengali. I was familiar with the language as I did schooling in Orissa and was in midst of bengali friends and families and also exposed to the bengali media. During friendly fights I often use the words Bukka mey and bukka chele to my friends...
    Mrs. Sunkan I also want to know abt ur interest in Rabindra Sangeet....

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ogo! is dear u r right, and happy for your hubby to call u happiness my what a romantic way to address a wife, mm i would had loved if he had called me sakhi, anyway that is lost no more of it.

though the best part of my years been spent in kolkata, i have not been exposed to rabindra sangeet as much to the hindi film songs, so a limited stuff there, and the thyagaraja also limited as i liked only certain ragas, so what came in that got stuck in my mind well, like ananda bhairavi,kalyani, mohanam, aarabhi, bhoobhalam.

i have to rechek my mind here, hahaha, i would like know where i can get to see satyajitray's films online, if you could tell me i would be obliged immensly, especially, poather panchali, ashani shoanketh...sunkan

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Plz check this link

Direct Links to Download Foreign Movies: Pather Panchali (1955) - Satyajith Ray

I haven't tried downloading from here though...just came across once....

And regarding ur DH..I think u should never think that he is no more with u...Though his physical body has departed, he is with u ..united in soul..right from the day u r married to him....he continues to live with u in ur consciousness...giving u the strength, happiness and protection...and sort of guiding u.

No one, just no one, can separate souls that r united...such is the bond of husband and wife....

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunkan
    You are putting everyones brains to work. Actually we never go to think the meanings about the nicknames, pedhu is nothing but sweet, just the opposite of pedha.
    Even I was keen in knowing what is ogo but you have mentioned it to saraswathi about it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear aruna come to think of it,
    i feel i must had been handful to my parents always curious so one thread never ends with just the answer but always has an extension like this one here now, it is nice when all come forward and share their feelings of how you feel when called with nick names that also would be great here, the word chikki though made me think did he mean the peanut sweet or the sapota fruit but the sexy voice along made me forget all this curiosity and enjoy, and to hear a ogo from one end of the hall to the other is real fun, all head turn around to see the ogo there. right now i have only these moments isnt it like wise share all here and make a memory for all to remember...sunkan

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan mam, very nice and interesting thread ..........very interesting to read others replies too.....THANK YOU for starting.....

My amma's side - my mama;s,chitthi.s etc call me - Laddu, sweety

My father's brother -( chittappa ) - Ammaponnu

My neighbour family ( close friends) - Gundappa

My vry close friend - BaJaari......

My very close relative (she is my wellwisher,guide and everything) - Dundu.....

My hubby - latha:cry::cry::cry:( nos speical names)

My son - amma.......

My sisters - latha only (but always refer me with elephant)

My chtpa's son - Business Magnet

All my cousin brothers and sisters - Latha akka

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hahaah hey kutti ashtanamavali in the making eh? y this reference to elephant i am sure you are not that big, still i know yes people always say these things, my love for silver anklet got shattered when my uncle kept singing osai varum munney yaanai varum pinney so till date never wore them again...sunkan

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello akka
    thirunelvelikke halwa va?
    nick name vaipathil
    nane raja nane rani....!!

sachu enru appavum
    athaye konji ammavum
    jabs enre matravarum
    kathal kangal kannamma...
    hi mom enre en kangalum..
    sathyachithi enre azhuthamai...