1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tell me if I am wrong.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by vinaya1234, Jan 20, 2010.

1. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

We were both girls and my dad passed away when I was only 13. Thinking that we both will get married and leave our mother behind, made me the saddest. It will be the same for your dh as well. The thought of seperating from parents when there is no problem at all. I am not personally for a joint family system either, but tomorrow if something happens and we have to move together, I will. Its a big support in India to live with in laws. You need not worry about daycare, about where to leave your kids if you have to run some errands etc. If they are nice people, just continue living with them. You are one of the lucky DIL's I say:)

2. akruti9

akruti9 Senior IL'ite

HI VInaya,

When your DH was in US you stayed for your parents place for One year. In 10 years your inlaws came there for only twice. I am just married for 4 years in 6 months in India when my Visa was delayed I stayed at my parents place just for one month. In these 4 years I have spent time with my parents for just and Just 1 and half month. My inalws came to US twice in these 4 years only and will come for much more years and my parents I even don't know if they will ever come since my DH is not talking to them. Vinaya you had a blessed life having 10 years alone. NIce inlaws nice DH and nice SIL and absolutely no issues. Just tell me they did not create any problem 10 years ago what will they do now. Just be a good DIL by realizing thet you have got excellent inlaws as compared to other girls here in IL's.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Vinaya, if your ILs were non-demanding/ non-interfering sorts then who knows if they're also making a daily effort of living together?

Personally I've seen few families where the oldies also wanted a lot of space as long as they were not bed ridden & some lucky souls infact left for heavenly peace together in their farm houses.

If there are no issues then I guess there's just no harm in living few more yrs tog. I think you're in a process of making a new peaceful company when ur kids soon leave the house for higher studies.

4. kanagasabai

kanagasabai New IL'ite

i m female.not married not having enough age to tell opinion.but still i m writing,
    they r not creating any problem,so i dont think them to go out.your childern will also learn some good things from elders.i lived in joint family till my job.really i learnd may good things(way of inviting,tolerence,acceptance,and aslo the way the handle things) from my grand parents.its only my personal veiw.....final is ours.sory if i m wrong