1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tehmina Durrani-pakistani writer

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Abha, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi everybody

i just felt like discussing another writer with you.

Tehmina Durrani is a pakistani writer, she writes about status of women in muslim society, (no offence). i have read two bookswritten by her as of now, which are "Blasphemy" and "My Feudal Lord".

I must say both are just amazing, specially Blasphemy, is the kind of book, which leave a strong impact on your mind, even days after you have finished reading... it sort of haunts you...

My feudal lord, is all about tehmina's story of her own life, torments and traumas she went thru... and a lot about politics of pakistan, as she herself belonged to a politician's family and was married into political family... she
    has also discussed about Bhutto's family, a lot of inside things...

does anybody know of other books written by her, and your experience so that i could also go ahead and read them...

2. marta

marta New IL'ite

Hi,

I just happened upon the book, "Blasphemy" by Tehmina Durrani. It's an amazing story and I'm feeling quite shocked. I'm trying to send an email to the author. Would anyone have her web or email?

I would be very grateful.

Thanks and take care,

Marta

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I have read Tehmina Durrani's My Feudal Lord. It is autobiographical. As such, it is her side of story and then one always questions if it was not biased.
    It does reveal the base human pysche and struggle for fame and power politics.

L, Kamla

4. marta

marta New IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

Thanks for your quick response. Would you have an idea of how to get in touch with the author?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Marta

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Sorry Marta...have no idea. How about you google her name and you may find some relevant info?
    Generally, if you find a book interesting, you can write your letters to the publisher and they should be able to forward them to the author.

Best of Luck...L, Kamla

6. marta

marta New IL'ite

Hi Kamla,

Googling is how I found your network, but I didn't think of writing the publisher of the book. I'll do that right now.

THANKSSSSS!

Take care,

Marta

7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Marta

thanks for your replies, good that u liked blasphemy too, cos out of my feudal lord and blasphemy, Blasphemy is my personal favorite

Hi kamla

I completely agree wth you, as u said that My feudal lord is tehmina's side of story and it might be biased... as i myself felt that she herself made many mistakes and was wrong in many aspects...

thanks
    ~Abha

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

True Abha, that was also my impression:)

L, Kamla

9. nidhyashree

nidhyashree New IL'ite

i have read "my feudal lord' and think that was awesome work by tehmina durrani...i juz happen to pass by my regular bookstore and the book's cover and title caught my eyes...i thought"i must read that book" and i grabbed a of the masterpiece which was autobiographical and in many senses puts forward the idea of women liberation... set in the background of the feedom-era,it's truly stimulating and liberating...

1 person likes this.
  10. preehal

preehal New IL'ite

Re: Tehmina Durrani

Hello everyone,
    Blasphemy..
    I'm not too sure how this works but i just wanted to give my opinion too.
    I thought the book was amazing, in a way that you can almost feel the main that the character must be feeling and the way that your hair stands up and the things that the writer mentions. It also widens your ways of thinking and makes you think more outside of the box. It also changes your opinions and outlooks on veiws etc.. But most of all I wanted to just say what a good writer she was and that nobody should be treated in such a way. I hope that the people got their punishements! It also made me want to read more of her books..
    Does anyone know any other books by her?
    Thank You

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011