1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teething and refusing solids

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by brindhaaa, May 10, 2010.

1. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends

My son who is 18mths old has 2 lower teeth erupting and he is refusing solids . He is fine with tiffin items like idly, dosa etc , but rice and porridge a strict no.. He drinks milk, juices as of now .. on top of it he got fever yesterday , having slight cold since last week and now doing better ..so refusing to take anything except liquids .. If this loss of apetite is due to teething ( my guess) , will he be like this whenever a new tooth comes , and how long this will be there . Does he have pain , and thats the reason for loss of apetite , but he doesnt seems to be disturbed bcos of teeth.what should i do to increase his apetite .. This is there for the past 1 s week , and iam very confused and depressed.. pls suggest .

2. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Friends 17views but no reply :((. pls share your views .

3. poojakhera22

poojakhera22 New IL'ite

Hello Brindhaaa

My baby is an year old now and already has 6 teeths by now, and has another two erupting very soon, He also becomes irritating at times due to that and refuses to take any solid food due to irritation in the gums, he keeps on looking for something to chew to soothe his gums, I guess you can apply some ointment on his gums to soothe him from itching and irritation. During teething phase baby goes through lot of problems like loose motions, fever, itching in the gums, gets cold very easily, My kid gets completely cured of cold and fever but gets it again after few days, and all the elder people suggest that its because of teething only, Give him good teethers to Soothe his gums, before giving him any Solid Food, try applyin the Ointment on his gums, You can go in for ZYTEE or get one referred by any of the Padetrician, dont worry he would be fine, this is something new for the baby too to experience.

And you can imagine this phase must be very painful for the kids , like when we have our wisdon tooth coming in , how irritating we become too and how painful is it same goes for them Dont Worry, keep him busy with other things and he would soon be back to his Normal Routine

4. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks , pooja. I felt very much at ease after seeing your reply.

Hope this phase ends soon

5. september

september Bronze IL'ite

loss of appetite may be due to cold ... need not worry about that .
    it need not occur every time a tooth erupts .
    as suggested give him teethers that have been kept in freezer for some time to soothe his swollen gums ..

6. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Thanks September !!!!???:))) will do that .