1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teenager girls and white discharge

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by coolsandy, Jan 7, 2015.

1. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

One of my neighbors have a girl who is in her teenage. That lady and my mom are good friends and share a very good rapport. Lets call her daughter Neeru. Neeru has had her first menstrual cycle a year ago. I have heard from her mom, that she has heavy flow and the doc said it is quite normal and nothing to worry about.

But then there is a strange thing that I feel sorry for Neeru's mom. Off late, she is complaining with my mom that, Neeru has white discharge too. Not a heavy one but kinda spotting; but what she is more worried about is that is Neeru developing sexual feelings, or else why would be there be any discharge at all? Also, Neeru doesn't pay much attention to what she eats and has a warm body. To which, her mother is again worried that that heat is because of her sexual feelings and she literally curses and scolds her that she is getting attracted towards sex rather than focusing on her education.

My mom tried to explain to her that, it is a quite normal thing and nothing to worry about. Drinking buttermilk would bring down the heat in one's body and it is not related to anything sex. But Neeru's mom wouldn't even listen to this. We had suggested her to meet a gynecologist for appropriate counselling, but she is adamant about this and is always cursing Neeru. I don't share much rapport with either of them, but I really feel sorry for her. Not that her mom is uneducated or something like that, but I am thankful that I do not have such mommy.

To all those parents who have a teenage girl, or who have grown up, how have you discussed and solved such problems? Does white discharge and warm body indicate sexual feelings? And whatz wrong is one has it? It seemed a very unnecessary topic for me or to even think about it. But, I just hope Neeru forgives her mom.

2. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

I think she is making a big deal unnecessarily. White discharge is not a big thing acc to me. Regarding sexual feelings, I do not find it appropriate for a mother to talk like that about her daughter. It's just teenage and hormonal changes. Children do get curious about something's during this stage and we all have been there. There is no need to curse her. Infact she should be more friendly with her daughter.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

omg!!!, i hope the mother gets a little sense.

even if the girl was having sexual feelings, nature has already indicated that she can. that said i believe the mom is pushing the girl to venture by cursing her of something she is not doing. you push once, the girl is silent, you push twice, the girl resists, you keep on pushing something breaks, and she tests limits.hope the mother understands that.

white discharge indicates ovulation which is normal after puberty. it is more thick before the onset of her periods.and as long as there is no change in color, or bad smell or itchy, maybe neeru scratches herself and her mother thinks it is sexual urge just loud thinking if so, the mother should worry about the daughter's hygiene and also infection.
    Vaginal Discharge: What's Normal, What's Not

sindmani, Rakhii and Joyoflife like this.
  4. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Exactly.. It could also be yeast infection or Urinary Tract Infection, that is causing this.. Ask her to take her to a doc and get some counselling on personal hygiene and healthy habits.. How stupid?!!! This grown up women is thinking like this..

Sometime, our diet can be very acidic in nature, which can cause Vaginal Yeast infection.. How is the child going to know all this??

Please educate the mom first and bring some sense into her..

sindmani likes this.