1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teachers' Day

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Sep 5, 2018.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I am also completely against corporal punishment to children either by teachers or parents.
    Syamala

sindmani and KrishnaPriya3 like this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    Most of the affluent parents these days think that bringing up their children is basically the responsibility of the teachers. They give their children total freedom at home. They pay substantial daily packet money to them and never follow up about what they do with that money. Quite a few of them turn drug addicts. Here is a sad case of an affluent student murdering his teacher in the open classroom in front of his classmates.
    How can parents completely wash their hands off their children? Do they realise that such abdication of their parental responsibility can lead to a lot of chaos?
    In the face of such risks faced by the teachers, celebrating Teachers Day appears a farce.
    Sri

sindmani likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

@KrishnaPriya3
    Dear KP
    What is happening now is the reverse. The students have taken over that job. I read about students in US indiscriminately shooting at their schoolmates killing dozens. Such rowdy students are glorified in TV serials and movies. You will find this article interesting and illuminating.
    Sri

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A Noble post indeed from The Noble of indusladies club - hall of fame!
    2. The only statesman besides Bertrand Russell thought of citizens of the world under a single government - WORLD GOVERNMENT- read in his bio.
    3. He too was visiting professor in the college I did my graduation in science before engineering. The college stands in front of Bay of Bengal at marina beach Triplicane Chennai India.
    4. A Tamil lecturer in my fifth form ( 10th)and sixth (11th) form happen to meet me after a decade at a temple. His joy knew no bounds as he hugged me and shed joyous tears. My spouse was pleasantly surprised that I was in his firm hug teary eyed.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Thyagu
    Thank you very much for your nice feedback.
    I am more a fan of Russel's contemporary Aldous Huxley. I have learned a lot from his writings.
    Your meeting with your teacher reminded me of a TV ad where a student makes tea for his old teacher. He feels so happy when his teacher tells him that he has not lost his expertise in making tea!
    By the way I also studied in Presidency
    Sri