Taxi fares in sharjah

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Sharjah' started by nisha81, Oct 3, 2010.

1. nisha81

nisha81 New IL'ite

Hey everyone,
    Recently, minimum charges for a taxi ride has increased to Dhs 10 per ride...i find it more expensive.. i use taxis quite frequently to nearby places which are not walkable to reach..and was paying as per the distance covered.. now, i feel that i am paying extra 5 or so per ride..How are you people finding it..?? how frequent do u use taxis..??

2. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

just to get clarified ? per ride means droppin in citi areas which is unofficial sharing.. r8 ?

3. nisha81

nisha81 New IL'ite

no, the taxi meter actually starts ticking from dhs 10 (minimum charge)wherever you go...I hope public transport in sharjah develops like dubai...

4. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

thanks ! I didn know when it is implemented..last friday I used the taxi and its started with 3.5AED

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  5. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Taxi fare(meter) starts from 3 dirhams only, if the distance is cleared below 10 dirhams then only the minimum charge is 10 dirhams otherwise however the meter shows u have to pay that much only .It is implemented from 1st oct and u can have a look at the new revised fare inside the taxi itself.