Tata Nano exits West Bengal, entered Gujarat! Effect on WB

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by nabanitapain, Dec 15, 2008.

1. nabanitapain

nabanitapain Senior IL'ite

With the continued agitation led by Mamatha Banerjee against the Nano car project, Tata finally decided to leave West Bengal. The project will be relocated in Gujarath.
    Sanand, on the outskirts of Ahmedabad, will be Nano’s new home.

This exit of Tata Nano from West Bengal looks to have affected future industrialisation plans of state very badly. People of Singur are biggest sufferers because they have only lost and lost heavily in this whole struggle, as they lost good compensation, job opportunities, growth opportunity and many other opportunities.

Do you think that it had striken a very bad effect on West Bengal's industrial and financial future ?I think so....

In future, any big industry will think twice before entering into West Bengal. Tata Nano has become a big success even before its official launch, because of worldwide publicity got by this world’s cheapest car. Therefore exit of such big project of worldwide value can put west Bengal many years back on the industrial growth map.

Thanks

Nabanita

2. MadhumitaIndia

MadhumitaIndia New IL'ite

You are correct .....In my view...if there so much of dispute with the Singhur land from the beginning itself....the government should have arranged for other barren lands....in West Bengal there are lots of such in my knowledge......
    in that case the factory would have been uplifted....the fertile lands should remain fertile and the farmers would remain happy....with it....and there should nt be so much of problems with Mamata Banerjee .....

I think the war was much of ego between the Mamata Banerjee and the West Bengal Left Front Government...

but the sad part is that....people lost their lives....West Bengal lost a employment domain.....it is a downfall of industrial progress to West Bengal.....