tap water/ bottled/filtered

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by netfragerin, Jul 2, 2012.

1. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

Regarding drinking tap water I see mixed responses in QL forum. What is your opinion?
    do you drink tap water? or using filter? or buy bottled water?

thanks

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hi
    I used to use bottled water for drinking cooking purpose till last wk, then there was a demo of purifier water, i was impressed by that. they came home showed the impurities in bottled water and tap water(by electrolysis). so i took a purifier. Tap water wat govt provides in uae is good. but it is stored in buildings tank, passes through old pipes which makes it contaminated.check how pure the water available in your place , and decide
    Regards
    resmij

3. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

As I have said already in the other query, we have only one good solution, drinking boiled water. In India, as you know, you have different kinds of bottled water & tap water... So boiling the water seems to be the only solution...

Atleast as far as I know, drinking boiled water is harmless... nobody has complained so far on drinking boiled water (i presume). :)

4. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

thanks.. yes boiled water is the safest.
    regarding purifier, some one working for water company mentioned in QL forum that the electrolysis is kind of play by purifier companies. thats for business. i dont know how far it is true anyway.
    i think i will be going for a combo of purifier + boiled water. whenever possible boil.. if not use a purifier. i still have to get one. any recommendation for purifier?
    thanks

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

We boil the bottled water and drink . Not sure whether it is right but I thought it is safe.We use bottled water for cooking as well(not boiled).

1 person likes this.
  6. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

We shifted from bottled one to Water purifier very recently. We too had mixed opinions from our friends circle but decided to go with it. We are planning to test the water sample before and after purification in a laboratory. May be you can also try that out before installing any purifier system.

7. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    We also shifted to water purifier from bottled water almost @ 2yrs back .Don't know its just coincidence or result of water purifier frequency of getting ill in family has reduced.So i will go with water purifier,it is good if you are going to stay in Doha for long run.

8. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

if you dont mind bothering, could you please tell which purifier (brand) and where you bought it from. we are new here and hence not enough knowledge on the different shops.

9. netfragerin

netfragerin New IL'ite

which purifier are you using?

10. seenamanoj

seenamanoj New IL'ite

Go for the tap water with a RO Purifier (around 2500 QAR with installation).....bottled water is not advisable for kids, as most of them have added minerals and excessive calcium contents.