1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tamil serials and Amnesia!!

Discussion in 'TV' started by manjulapathy, Nov 13, 2009.

1. manjulapathy

manjulapathy Senior IL'ite

What is with Tamil serilals and obsession with amnesia? :helpSimultaneously in four serials (as far as I know) some important charecters are suffreing from Amnesia. In Kasturi her husband (thiru) has lost memory. In Mekala her dad, in kolangal (ofcourse one live thread is on about this serial) Tholkappian and in vasantham Akila!:spin
    Isn't that strange?
    Dont ask me how I know all these. I am subjected this everyday:bang. When will these tortures end?
    manjula

Similar Threads
    1. Sindhuja12
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. AnithaAnand18
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Grace3
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

manjula

achchacho.....this is very bad.

the directors assume that we have amnesia.

how dare you remember these things!!!!!!

when you watch such serials atleast pretend that you have amnesia, then no issues.

happy watching......no ending for the serials.

3. sillygurl

sillygurl Senior IL'ite

Haha Manjula....Welcome aboard to the serial-world-of-copycats.

I don't follow any of the said serials . But years back, i have noticed that when one channel started something different like a ghost serial and gets a good number of viewers , all the other channels followed their path and start their own ghost serial:crazy Same goes with comedy programs, most prominent channels used to air , programs of same theme at the same time to create a competition :bonk

May be now some channel let's call it A decided to inject 'amnesia' in to the story line
    and the other channels B, C and D would have noticed that the twist is going good and copied the same for their stories as well, which may/not fit in to their current story. Little they knew , that the viewers are not liking it one bit.:notthatway:

If the serial is good, the Director and producer usually try to stretchhhh as if it's a rubber band and spoil the story .shakehead

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  4. manjulapathy

Hi Natpudan!
    How dare they take us for granted?:rant Do they ever realise what a torture it is when one is subjected to watch?
    Wish I had Amnesia as you said so that I can watch without knowing the story. But again the problem is one can pick up the entire (6 years story) at any point of time. Most of the serials are based on misunderstanding. One day they can clear everything and finish the story.
    Thanks for your FB
    Manjula

5. manjulapathy

Hi Sillygurl! (I dont feel like calling you like that)
    Thanks for your FB. As you said " if the serial is good"...... But I dont think it is good! Right from the day one (kolangal) Adi and Abhi are fighting. They can make it atleast interesting by showing some positive scenes!
    This kind of Amnesia is sickening! I strongly feel that all these directors are suffering from amnesia. They are confused now.
    Manjula

6. madras43

madras43 New IL'ite

Generally thamizh serials are sickening .... Nothing positive. Kolangal is nothing but 'kodumai'!

7. manjulapathy

Hi!
    You are correct! It is not kolangal it is olangal... You should watch one serial called Vasantham. There is everything but vasantham!! Obnoxious is understatement.Thanks for your FB
    manjula

8. madras43

madras43 New IL'ite

What a stupid end to Kolangal?

9. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

:bangcomp:Many TVs saved !!!!!
    KOLANGAL ENDED:party
    :wow:yes:Chillout!