1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taken For Granted?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

RGS.. WOW.. you are amazing the amount of verses you can churn out is absoloutely delightful.. and the best part is none of them are out of context...
    I'm so glad that you managed to meet and greet your faithful milkman and newspaper delivery boy.. In our old house we knew the delivery boys very well but here in the new house I rarely see them..many of thses people have so much of problems and yet smile and go about their jobs and that makes me feel so small to crib about the late delivery of a newspaper..
    thanks for reminding me to be "grateful"
    K

1 person likes this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Of a rewarding relationship
    Which may last for years.
    Though we may not be worshipped
    We will be held as dear.

I like those lines.if we acknowledge with a smile a good relationship arises.As usual a good post from RGS.

1 person likes this.
  3. Subha2309

Subha2309 Gold IL'ite

Good one...these are small things in life which we never realise...rather never care to observe..in this fast paced world. Your note reminded me of what I heard recently...'Quality is that, the presence of which is never noticed and the absence of which never goes unnoticed'.

Lots to learn from these simpletons, who are sincere in their work, irrespective of and inspite of various challenges.

-Subhashini

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Very many thanks Kerman, for your overwhelming appreciation. And I am very happy now, as you point out exactly what I did not explicitly mentioned too. Besides, you are right in our cribbing too. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Periamma for your appreciation. Very glad to receive your feedback. -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Wow! The note is too good Subhashini. And very many thanks for your crisp feedback. So happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

Your wonderful post reminded me of an incident that happened in Mumbai. My business partner who is an Italian American and I traveled to Mumbai for various meetings. After finishing one meeting, we were rushing for another and it started raining heavily. When we came out of the second meeting, we noticed that Mumbai was really getting flooded. From Andheri, it took nearly 3-4 hours for us to get near the airport. At one point, we noticed that the cars which were to the left of our lane are going under the water. We helplessly watched and terrorized. Finally, our driver asked both of us to get down in the middle of the road in heavy rain and asked to reach a safe place near airport. When we got down, it was pouring so much like water being pumped from a well.

Young men who were raised in the slums of Santa Cruz lined up with a rope in their hand helping people to reach safety as water was flowing like a river in the road and there were dangerous pot holes in the corner of the road. My business partner was in tears watching this action of people who were not sure of how they would make money for their next meal but wanted to help people who are stranded in rain.

It is 7 years since it happened but we could never forget this incident ever in our life. We both are safe and alive today only because of this selfless young men in Santa Cruz.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra,

Very true. These humble and simple people are the ones who come to help in case of an accident or if somebody falls down and give a helping hand. They do not think of police or suing or getting into trouble...which we all think.Two years back while crossing the raad a car hit and I had a fall and fractured wrist. The car didn't even stop to see what happened. The road side vendors, came, helped me in getting up, made me sit on the steps of a shop, gave me water to drink and then called an auto and sent me home and also asked if I want someone to come with me. I thanked them, no need I said, went home and then went to doctor. Rest is the usual story.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for such a beautiful feedback, Viswa. Yes. Those nameless men are the ones who often go unnoticed. But they don't worry about that, but come first for help, when required.
    Very happy to receive yours, after a gap, Sir. -rgs

10. rgsrinivasan

Many rich ones lack in concern for others, Syamala. That was once again shown in your feedback. Thanks for sharing yet another piece of information. -rgs