1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Tackle the weeds

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Now the weather is turning slightly warmer and we are looking into warmer weather and shall I say HOT and HOTTER within the next few months .. Maybe no one needs me to remind all of the hot weather that we have in summer. When the weather is cooler and temperatures are so reasonable no one wants to think ahead to all the Heat and Sweat down the line.
    However as a gardener I need to start thinking about WEEDS. If there is one thing I would rather avoid thinking it is Weeds and if there is one task I would avoid doing it is ofcourse Weeds. Really if I do not plan so far ahead my whole vegetable garden and flowers beds and rose garden will overcome, overthrown and overfull with WEEDS. Not to say that i have big facny gardens or anything. I just have small patched here and there but trust me these take so much of my time to maintain and keep UP with.
    Now all the beds look so innocent. There is NO sight of our ENEMY (the WEED) and all the plants seems to mind their business which is hibernation. So a real idyllic situation. Would'nt you wish it was ALWAYS this easy and one never has to deal with WEEDS. So the preparation starts now to get ready to combat with the onslaught of weeds.
    Before my reader jumps to the conclusion this yet another boring blog from AC and all about an innocent rapidly overgrowing plant that nature provides in abundance, NO, this is not all about gardening and weeds.
    It has dawned on me how so much of prep work also needs to be done in LIFE and day to day life so as to WEED out all the unwanted. Maybe too much thinking about weeds led me to this but here I am thinking why so much prep and thought is not going into my daily life. SOme people are so much like weeds , give them a little space and they over power you with any of their predominant emotion. If they are angry with their world they would not hesitate to dump it on our head or if they love to gossip about others they would wait to see us so as to get started on their favorite topic. I can see how much we need to plan if that is not what we want to cloud our lives with. So much like planning to deweed. Maybe Mother Nature in her kindness is teaching me something afterall.

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

in garden you can deweed but in life very tough to weed them out, we only learn to live with them or in the end mentally live without them

3. Anandchitra

You said it right dear Sundari..

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,
    What to do?? Soem like these weeds have to be tackled. Better than the funny , poisonous elemnets that we encounter in our daily life.Right??

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

AC,
    This is something which we all really want to do. Deweed the unwanted; but as per my experience so far, it is not getting that much easy. They really and simply and very easily poke their long and short noses into other's issues. It is really hard to digest them. At times not just neighbours and friends but even relatives become weeds and as they are related it is really very difficult to deweed them.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anandchitra
    Comparing life weeds with the garden weeds super ya.
    Yes we can pluck and through the weeds that r grown in the garden but in life sometimes it is difficult.

7. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello chitra
    i thought ah yes
    tackle the weeds
    my section ...gardening /nature
    small or big patch
    the garden to green thumb....

a farmer from brazil
    once got rid(?)
    of a variety of rice
    by smothering with another
    grain ....many times
    and at last
    it was pronounced...GONE..!!

now they are regretting it
    cause it ws the best strain
    to withstand pests ..!!

guess people are also that way
    sometimes they are like pests
    and when our best efforts
    to avoid them or get rid of them succeed
    who knows
    we may need their service one day...

so let the weeds be..
    on the side path
    and not on the vegetable or flower path...??????
    i dont know.!!!

sathya

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

AC,

So gardening has made you philosophical.. weeding is something that has left its impact from my childhood..when we were in my granny's for vacation, weeding was a special task. the labourers used to come with a special tool (called kalai vetti in tamil..).

I feel weeds are sometimes needed.. not all weeds are parasites and harmful..agreed, they disturb the harmony, the beauty of the other plants...they are needed to appreciate the beauty of the plants...

Sometimes, we misjudge a good plant as weed also and then regret weeding it out...

9. Anandchitra

Janani your what to do line brought back memories about the movie apporva ragam where the couple get stuck inside a car because its raining outside and then they remark What to do?? hmmm?? maybe my brain should focus on the blog and not meander to movies???bear with me my friend.

10. Anandchitra

Relatives are the most difficult to handle and deweed than friends dearest Rajmi..atleast friends you can just speak your mind and they are for the most part tolerant about us..but relatives..I am thinking i will just focus on garden weeds.. atleast I have the feeling of control (sometimes maybe ?!)