1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Taare Zameen Pe - A wonderful movie

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 4, 2008.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,

Thanks for acknowledging my reply in such great detail.

I would love to read your series on Mumbai. Please send me the link.

If you did not already know it, this post of yours has been nominated for FP of the month. Well deserved nomination indeed!

And yes, the first time I visit my teachers, I take a small token of my love and appreciation for them. I get a plaque made for them with a personal message from me engraved on it.

Look forward to reading more of your musings.

SS

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

3. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi kamalji,

It was a wonderful narration........

I saw the movie Yesterday .

I had tears in my eyes through out the movie.
    It was such a wonderful movie. so well taken .

hi everybody,

don't miss it!!

prabha

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hello Kamalji,

It was indeed a pleasure reading your post, infact I had written about Taare.... Some time back, and also had the wonderful opportunity to work with a few dyslexic kids long back. But what arrested my attenion was the fact that you share the same almamatar as my brother, cousins etc. A couple of decades back ofcourse. So reading about it made me wonder back to those times ,as I am from St. Anthonys...

Recess would have all the guys from OLPS standing at the big boundary wall and gaping at the girls as though their life depended on it . The Sisters of Anthonys had a tough time as they tried to keep the boys at baybonkbonk. A sure fact that the Fathers of OLPS too went thru sheer hell, thanx to the boisterous boys.

Thanx for the article:clap

Regards,
    Devika

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Devikaji,

So u are from St Antony's eh ! Well i was very innocent then (not that i am not now:clap) and my friends used to ogle at the females going by.And that tamarind tree in yr school, i used to go pluck mangoes from there,me down and the friend up throwing the mangoes, and i was caught many a times by the Gardebner and taken to the principal of yr school, and she used to think i have come for the girls.HAHA.My friend would remain hidden up in the tree, and i used to be the guy getting caught.

Sounds so strange after so many years.Now my daughter uis married, and i am top be a grandfather soon maybe.I passed out in 1971, Anil Kappor and Boney,they were also there, though i dont remember them.

Vicki Sahu, the son of actor Kiashore Sahu, was with me all the 11 yrs of school,and he acted ina few movies like, Satte pe Satta, where he was one of the brothers.

Thanks for yr kind comments.Regards.kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Prabhaji,

Yes a wnderful movie,a must see really.Thanks for yr kind comments.Regards.kamal

7. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

dear kamalji,

it was a great write up about the movie................more than the movie, i enjoyed your experiences in the childhood...............the innocent childhood........
    i have not seen the movie yet, though my elder daughter, krithikaa is dyslexic too , wants me to take her for that movie...........but somehow i dont want to go for that movie...............its for sure i ll weep a lot...............my krithi and myself are undergoing all those pressures, what that movie has shown about that mother and son....................

your thread has brought down some memories of mine too............once when i was in school.........5th std........we friends always go to an icecream parlour for lollies, which cost about 1 rupee..........we were 5 friends and we had only 4 rupees..............we just gave what we had and that old man in that shop gave us 5 lollies and told us one lolly is free for 4....................our happiness knew no bounds, jumping out of joy..................those teachers, with so much of love and compassion....cannot forget them throughout our lifetime................
    thanks a lot for bringing those sweet memories.........

love
    padma

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Padma,

Thanks for reviving an old blog of mine.

When writing this i got carried away, i suppose with age, i go down the memory lane more often than i want !

Your shopkeeper was kind, and he did not want one of u to be disappointed.so nice of the poor fellow.

I once went to pick my daughter from school as the Auto guy had not come.I stood waiting, and the vendors were also waiting for the kids.There was a Kachoriwala, iceream chap wit his cart and so many others.

As the swarm of kids came out, i was watching small kids, wanting an icecream and giving 3 bucks to the icecream fellow, and he said that is finished, i have the 5 ruppe one , and u should ahve seen the look of dissappointment on the young girl's face.Justas i stepped forward to offer money, the icecream guy gave her the 5 bucks icecream and told the girl to bring 2 bucks tommorrw and she said yes,which must have been a daily routine for this fellow.God knows how he remembers which girl he gave credit to.

And i was lost in thoughts wondering at all of this.Unfortunately those days there were no blogs, or i could have written a very touching peice then.

The Auto guy who used to pick my daughters, was a moody fellow, old and nice though.

Whenever he was happy, he would switch from a Beedi to a ciggie, and get all the girls in the auto a 2 buck icecream, and coming for an auto fellow, i suppose that was a great thing for him.

There are a lot of nice people around, if u happen to have time to notice.Touches my heart no end.Thansk once again.Regards.kamal

9. sangs.srinivas

sangs.srinivas New IL'ite

Hi,
    Yeah, really this movie took us to our childhood days. I used to be afraid of maths alot. My father used to take classes for me every sunday. I used to get all the marks below the average level only. After my 10th exams I thought I am free from maths but my brother again took MEC(Maths, Economics and commerce) for me in 11th and 12th. Those two years were really tough for me regarding maths. In the last after 6 attempts I jumped out the MATHEMATICS bridge in my life.bonk:spin
    Really fun to memorise the past.Thanks for that.
    Regards
    Sangeetha

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sangeeta,

Good one.You hate maths ? i just love it and find it the easiest and most scoring.