1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ta Ra Rum Pum

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Monsi, May 4, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hey All,
    Happened to see Ta Ra Rum Pum 2 days back. I would rate it an average movie. Similar to other Yash Chopra camp movie but not as great as DDLJ :) The style of the movie was very much resembling to Salam Namastey. I dont know if the directors of both the movies are same.
    There are in all 2 morals of the story. One is that the family that stays together can fight with all the odds in the life. And second is that the Saving Money is very very important because you never know what will happen tomorrow.
    Rani Mukherji's dressing was awkward before marriage ! I think she is desparately tring to look younger than what she is. Saif looked Ok!
    Acting wise both are fine. Javed Jaffery has done a great job again after his "xactly" act in Salam Namastey :).
    Rani is very highly educated and even being a daughter of a multimillionare , she is shown to be very very careful about spending money. She talks about saving money and all that. But Saif is exactly opposite to her. He believes in living in the present. Spends whatever he earns. As soon as they get married, Rani seems to have completely forgotten her habit of saving. The main characteristic of her role was left soon after her marriage. Probably the director forgot about how he defined her heroine's character before marriage !
    And then they become so poor that Rani has to steal food for their kids and the kids are eating from the garbage etc is major downside of the movie !!!
    Songs also not very good.
    If you like car racing, then there is some action for you.
    I would say movie is a one time watch. It is even better if you can sit at home and watch the movie on a DVD rather than spending money in the theatre (Remember SAVING MONEY :wink: )

FROM A GREAT BOLLYWOOD MOVIE LOVER :oops:

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi Monsi
    wish I had read yr. advise earlier. went and wasted money on multiplex tickets !
    I thought Rani looked too artificial.
    Saif was Saif, but the racing bit became too much for me . not a great fan of fast cars or sulking losers !
    Nice reading yr. review. Do keep supplying them as and when you see new movies.
    Bye
    manjula

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I watched this movie last week. It is an average movie.
    It surprises me that couples in the movie didn't earn a single dollar for whole year and they didn't even realize until their car was towed.
    But anyway's it is good to learn about savings and teaching kids also about saving money.

Thanks,
    Punitha

4. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey

Even i saw Tara rum pum.... i think the storyline wasnt strong enough... songs werent good at all... and direction was also poor...

I mean there were a lot of things unbelievable in the movie... like bieng such big public figure Saif dint have any finance manager to look after his expenses or investments... i mean Michael Schumacer can never come to a position where he'll have to drive a taxi.... and even then rani, saif and kids are wearing designer clothes and rani is carrying expensive Bags !!!!!!!! if they were such a strong a family they should explain to their kids in the First place that they are poor and they have to face it... their kids shud learn to go to a normal school and still study hard... just to pay the school Fee sooo much drama ?????

5. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Hi friends
    I felt it was one more addition to the worst movies of bollywood.The message that they wanted to convey through the movie was family tht stays together throgh thick and thin survives all odds.Now in the movie wht the hell did the parents teach thier children?:evil: Dont adjust to the circumstances ,Lie,steal .They lie to thier children so they wont leave thier school.Is the standard of school so important than actual lessons of life?Do anything to maintain your showoff and standard of living.is that wht they taught thier children?

I agree tht every parent wants best for thier children.But to go to any extent to get that best is the worst thing to do.
    Priti

2 people like this.