1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Switching from breast feeding to bottle feeding for a 6 month old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by binita123, Dec 4, 2014.

1. binita123

binita123 New IL'ite

Dear all,

My baby was exclusively breast fed for 5 and half months ( she is just turning 6 in anther 12 days or so ). I tried feeding her formula and even expressed breast milk from Pigeon and MeeMee feeding bottles (She has never ever see a bottle till now). My baby is completely hating it :(. I think its because the normal feeding bottle doesn't function like breasts ? Please help ladies, anyone faced similar issues ? ( I need to join back work, hence, I have to make my baby drink from a feeding bottle. )

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Some skip the bottle and give the milk by sippy cup (+solids) while away (and continue bf during evenings/nights/weekends). Have you tested different bottles/nipples? Try to let someone else feed the baby (the baby smells you and want to have the real stuff)?

3. binita123

binita123 New IL'ite

Thanks for the recommendations Crayoness.
    Yesterday, we bought a Pigeon Peristaltic bottle, going to try that on my LO today. If that doesn't work, will check on sippy cups.. Also, planning to continue b/feeding whenever I am at home.

4. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Have you tried Philips Avent bottles. My DD was also reluctant for bottle feeding but she liked Philips avents..it's nipple is like breast shape..that might be the reason.

I am not sure if it is available in India as that time my DH was in USA and he send that to India through someone.