1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sweeter life through compromise !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya, when marriage itself is a compromise, yours must have involved more, in our society. Your maturity in dealing with life is brought by your words & you have learnt to compromise as well as strike a balance in life!!
    Great going, Jaya!
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. sangvidu

sangvidu New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Ma'm,

Enjoyed reading ur blog. Its very important to learn as to how to strike a balance when one compromises. Many a times, one has to get to learn this through trial and error basis in life.

To raise our children, mother's generally make lot of compromises in the best interest of the family as a whole. We miss out many things in life for which we may have no more time during that period..But what we gain is the happiness seeing our children grow up as happy and emotionally strong individuals and that we were able to contribute to that growth. This aptly suites the quote that you have mentioned..
    For everything you have missed, you have gained something else; And for everything you gain, you lose something else.

Love
    Vidhya

3. Chitvish

Dear Vidhya, you hit the nail on the head!!
    Yes, that compromise can be labelled even a weebit selfish because we do it for our own hasppiness regarding our children.As a parent, we compromise on so many issues with our children, but, sadly, the reverse is not true!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. mkthpavi

mkthpavi Senior IL'ite

Dear C
    Sorry for missing out on IL on what has been a manic Monday for me at work ! And I guess the reward for the wait has been worth it in the form of a beautiful and meaningful write up from you.
    The strength of a compromise is the strength of the conviction behind it. All of us make compromises in lives many times - right from choice of clothes, choice of college, choice of life partner, choice of city of residence (these days country also) etc etc. It would be Utopian if all decisions had 100% concurrence for all parties involved...
    The beauty of compromise is when happiness can be derived out of the cohesion in a larger perspective that it can bring. God has a time and place to bless everyone and when something apparently happens against our will, then there is a bigger purpose behind it.
    Thanks and love
    Pavithra

5. Chitvish

Dear Pavi, what you have written is very true - but, I bet, it takes a lot of maturity to understand this! When sometimes things do not work the way we expect even after a lot of compromise, we have to accept that it is the case of
    Thy will be done!!
    You are very dutiful with your FBs, Pavi, however busy you are! I thank you profusely!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Compromise is the golden rule in maintaining and nurturing relationships, marriage included. But like my elderly friend said yesterday it does go to a stage where you feel this far and no further. She was saying that you do maintain harmony thru compromise but never give up on your individuality!!! A line very thin dividing both, but as long as it means happiness at home the give in all you can!!!
    Superb , wonderful topic, what else to expect from you???

7. Lak_657

Lak_657 New IL'ite

"Sweeter life through compromise"- I find it difficult to digest, as according to me compromise in life and adjustment in life is different.I feel through adjustment life becomes sweeter and not through compromise.For example while travelling when anybody wants to sit in our seat we may either adjust and make them sit with us or we may get up and give seat to them.We do this from our heart.As this doesn't hurt us, this is adjustment.But when you don't want to give seat but you are forced to do that, then that is compromise.
    In my life I had experienced compromise and not adjustment.Since now I understood the difference I no more compromise in life.So not the least, "Adjustment is better than compromise and through adjustment life becomes sweeter."

8. Chitvish

Dear Janani,yes, one should not give up individuality at the cost of compromise.It is a judicious blend of only this far, but not very far!
    Thanks for your complement, Janani.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

Dear Lak, I think, we are travelling in different directions with our views!! Compromise can also be down to please the other party, but, at the same time, not displeasing ourselves.Adjustment, I feel is a hue of compromise.
    Well, let us agree to disagree!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. likemychai

likemychai New IL'ite

Chitvish, you have worded this so well - it is truly difficult for us to compromise at times. It is a greatly disciplined person who can be level-headed always. People strive to be diplomatic and to compromise in order to maintain balance, but all too often tempers or egos get in the way. Each of us is guilty of this occassionally I think.
    If only we could all remain level-headed and peace could prevail!

Corallux, I love your comparison of all the fingers being different yet on the same hand - that is a great statement.