1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suspense-filled life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Suspense, suspense, suspense----doesn't this word make you sit on the edge of the seat!

If you notice that not only in movies and stories, we have suspense, but in our day-to-day life we experience it.
    From the day one, we experience it. i am giving a list of it, that came to my knowledge.
    Eventhough there is scan nowadays, the gender of the baby-to-be-born is a suspense, before it is taken.

In the kitchen, till you get the desired shape,consistency, taste and colour, it is a suspense.
    For the sweets---desired thread consistency had to be achieved, even if that is achieved, either sugar or jaggery should be good enough to attain that shape of a laddu or anything to be rolled.
    Even if you make good food---approved by the family----is a suspense.

If the computer is on, whether you can log on to it--- is also a suspense---there should be no power-cut, or the server must not be down, moreover, our children should let us in the first place!
    If you log on to chat with your friend--she must be available or for her we must be available at the same time.
    In the TV---when the mega-serials going to end is a suspense!

Before marriage---knowing your better-half is a suspense by itself.

whether it is going to rain or shine, is a suspense, eventhough we know that the forecasts go wrong, 75% of the time.

at last, the day when we are going to leave this world---is the biggest suspense of all.

I think what this teaches is ---it is only because of this suspense---we are hoping to do better or atleast trying to be better day-by-day till we achieve the desired results.
    Hope is the one which makes us to move on in spite of all odds.
    What do you say friends?

sriniketan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Hope is definetly the one thats keeps us moving..very well said dear Bhargavi.. Could not resist the tile of thread..decided to peek in but scared of what to expect..suspense therein..If I read a thread I always reply..no suspense there..But very well written also the mention of last suspense..never know when for anyone..keep writin..

3. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Well said,life is full of suspences...What s going in the mind of the person in front of u is also a suspence....but the best suspence is as u mentioned , the day v will leave this world is the best suspence, that no science or technology or anyone can guess or answer....keep writing....

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Ha ha Bhargavi,

You had me fooled there with the title ( again !!). Yes what would our life be without suspense. If we knew everything thats going to happen, what is going to happen when... we would all be pretty bored by now .

Nice thread. I love a good thriller and you provided it , by making all of us peep in.

Vandhana

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

The thrill of life is the suspense that goes with it. If we know about our future, life would be sombre and over. Its the suspense that makes everything in life worth the wait and watch theory.

Sri, have you got a new doggy home?? !!!

6. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said.Hope helps us to carry on.

7. Sriniketan

Thanks for breaking the suspense ( obviously to me, i was keeping my fingers crossed yesterday, thinking who is going to respond to this thread or none at all) by replying to this thread, Chitra!
    Catchy title isn't it which caught you and make you peep inside, breaking the suspense that nothing new is being written, right? hehehe!

sriniketan

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  8. Sriniketan

Thanks Moonbeams for your FB!
    Science has to go a long way to explore what is happening to our body at that time and how we can 'prevent' it. Maybe this is one of nature's secrets or shall we say 'suspense--mankind'.

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Vandhana, thanks for your FB!
    If this title fooled you, i am sorry, but i thought, if you have 'catchy titles' atleast there will be more views from ilites. hahaha!
    Even with these suspenses, we get sometimes bored with what we call it as a 'mechanical life'.

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Thanks for stepping in Mals!
    suspense, hope, thrill is all part of our life, i accept it!

Still yet to decide to get a new pet or not? You still remember that :hatsoff to you!

sriniketan