1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

surprises on birthday!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by TheBeliever, Jul 4, 2013.

1. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,

I am married for 5yrs..We are very far away from my PILs and so only recently we really experience a strong bonding in our marriage..This month my DH is celebrating his 34th yr birthday:birthday and i want to surprise him on tthat day..Since i am on H4 visa and financially dependent i cant buy any gifts for him..but i want to really surprise him this time..i want some cool romantic ideas:wink:

Please help me with your suggestions

2. ManpreetKaur

ManpreetKaur Bronze IL'ite

Hey dear,
    its nice that u r thinking of a surprise party.
    I just love giving surprises and same way love getting surprises from others :D
    there are so many ways u can give him surprises.
    1. give him a romantic body massage. he wud love it forever!
    2. make small chits and write your own sweet/romantic messages. hide then chits at various places and let him feel special. (also u can build up a steamy mood by starting with casual 'happy b'day' msgs and then getting on to some naughty-romantic ones. keep casual b'day notes hidden in his shoes/shaving kit, breakfast plates- which he will find in the starting. and hide the "romantic-intimate messages at places which he find later. like hide a message in his lunchbox, sms in the eve). Trust me, he will come home running for a romantic evening! - a piece of advice- u have to be creative in writing those messages to give him a hint of the romantic eve.
    3. try and print 34 pics (small size- 7-8 in 1 page) cut these images and paste on separate page. below each of the pic, write one good thing u admire about him. and put these images on wall. or u can hand him these as ur "hand made cards". HE will be so happy to know how much u admire him and will be treasured by him.
    4. call all his gud friends at home and surprise him. (u can cook snacks n meal at home for them)
    5. have a romantic candle light dinner at home. if u know exact time at which he reaches home, just switch off all the lights, lightup candles.... spray some perfume around, wear up ur most S**iest dress, (keep some snacks ready) and eat ur dinner /snacks and share the best times.
    :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Believer, I say think from his perspective what is romantic to him. Our (ladies) idea is totally different from their idea about romance. My DH's idea of a romantic evening is his favorite beer, bucket of chicken wings and some (most un-romantic) movie like Saw. Doesnt mean he doesnt enjoy fine-dining and all, but, if asked to choose, he would chose beer and chicken over fine-dining.

It all depends on him. If he enjoys the company of friends, then you can invite them home though it is not exactly going to be romantic.

If you bake, you can try making a simple cake. Actually, there is even a 5 minute cake by Dinny in recipe central. super easy, mess free and quick.

3 people like this.
  4. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Thanks MAnpreet and Rakhii..Gave some real good ideas ..actually i started to work on it..will update you what will be his reaction for that..

5. ManpreetKaur

ManpreetKaur Bronze IL'ite

sure... i will wait to hear about what u did and how he liked it!
    :)
    do keep posted or stay in touch through PMs.