Support Group for Pregnant Ladies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ksridevi81, Jan 28, 2007.

1. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi all expecting moms ,
    nice to see ur replies . i don't hv any morning sickness problem but my problem is i don't feel hungry . may be the heaviness in my stomach is the reason .
    so far what kind of rotuine chckups ur doc has done . here in china i hv a big language problem and my first and last chkup till now was in 7th week when i listened the heart beat of my little one. now my doc has told me to come in july . is it okkk ?? i am realy worried . she doesn't even chk my weight . not precribe any medicine . but i am taking folic acid regularly . guys pls share waht kind of rotuine chkups ur doc has done .

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

During the initial stages they give appointment for once in a month, they took my weight, also i am taking vitamin tablets. Even in my first appointment they could see the heart beat only(around 8 weeks). They will test the chromosomes of the baby by third month.
    This is my experience so far :)

3. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

hi sanravi,
    which kind of vitamin tablets u r taking ? ur doc has recommend u r ur taking this on ur own . chromosomes test is waht?

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Take some multivitamins, Like here in canada u get Materna. U'll find on the shelf. Here that's what our gyn recommened for pregnant ladies.

5. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi chatkara

The vitamin I take is prescribed by my doctor but many take medicine which they buy over the counter.
    The chromosome test is usually done to detect any abnormality, there are some genetic defect which leads to some syndromes like Down's syndrome and so on..
    So just to make sure that the baby is normal they perform these tests.

6. hellocanada

hellocanada New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Nice to see lots of ladies here. Can u ladies give some advice.

I need an opinion. I finished 10 weeks today & last saturday i had ultrasound. Thy said everything is fine & we heard heart beat too. But i'm not feeling anything inside, i mean any activity. Is this normal???

I would appreciate if anybody share their experiences too.

7. Kriga

Kriga New IL'ite

hi there,

Congrats!. 10 weeks is too early to feel activity. Around 20 weeks or so you may start to feel fluttering feeling. And may be when you are 6 months or so you may feel the baby movements vividly.

GL!

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Heena,

Here in US,it is called pre-natal vitamins and in India they call it Folic acid.So,what you are taking is right.

As far as I know,chromosome testing is done when the mother is more than 34 yrs of age since the chances of Down's syndrome are more in such cases.I am not sure how it is here in the U.S.

9. anbudhanapal

anbudhanapal New IL'ite

Hi Friends
    Iam Anbu working in Ireland, 7 weeks Pregnant, nauseated in 5th week and vomitted 3-4 times in 6th week, now i have the heaviness,but no nausea or vomitting, hope it will settle as weeks pass by. I had also spotting dark brown, staining half of the panty liners until now, Ultrasound shows viable fetus with heart beat, so that was a great relief, but i dont know why they didnt advise me any medications or rest! i'm just continuing my pregnacare(Prenatal vit) everyday! I am really worried!:help

10. JerushaNelson

JerushaNelson New IL'ite

Re: Pregnant Ladies

Hi Ladies

tis Jerusha

Im pregnant too in my second month now...been thinking alot what to eat n hw to be careful during this phase...thanks alot teja ur advice has helped me get out of confusions