1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Superstitious about superstitions

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shubhasiddharth, Apr 21, 2009.

1. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

@Limkabook
    Thanks a bunch. There is some amount of fun in all these superstitious beliefs..right?To each , his own!

2. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

this reminds me of my college days.. when I used to wear one particular dress for practical exams and another one during the first day of semester exams.:rotfl.
    good to know that I have company :crazy

3. shubhasiddharth

@VLR
    oh dear, trust me, you are bound to have a lot many of us for company.Its true that lucky dress and exams go hand in hand

4. cheenikum

cheenikum Junior IL'ite

I used to buy a white flower going to exam centre.Very well written.We all have superstitious beliefs.As Limkabook has said, I loved the ending.

5. shubhasiddharth

@Cheenikum
    I love your user name.A white flower? I am amazed to see that each one of us have different set of beliefs..the lukcy charm I should say.Thanks for the nice words

6. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hai all,
    maybe all of us are having some beliefs or superstitions. during exams i never used to take a head bath.it seems we will forget all that we have studied!!! now i do not believe that but i still tell my kids not to have a headbath during exams;they may catch a cold ,no! during college days, one of my friends used to wear the same yellow chudidaar for all the exams!

7. shubhasiddharth

@Raji
    No head bath? now, thats something I am hearing for the first time.Going by the comments, its so clear that a lot many of us associated dress with easy papers in the exam.

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear
    Even famous personalities are also superstitious. Tiger woods would wear only red on the final day of the golf game.
    As long as this doesn't affect others then it can tolerated. Just imagine if father/mother says their new born child is bringing bad luck. In this case we need to act in a rational manner.
    Color, dress etc doesnot affect others so no hassle. I suppose when there is uncertainity, we need an anchor and this superstition works as anchor.
    Jaya

9. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hai
    superstitions are strange habits indeed! a particular dress or colour for exams, or strange acts (like no head bath!), all are funny beliefs. as for my superstition, i just followed what my mom told,and she picked it up from a superstitious lady in our neighbourhood. well, just following this for hardly a week, doesn't do any harm ,right!?

10. cheenikum

cheenikum Junior IL'ite

Hey
    what happened? No updates for more than 2 months?You deleted the posts too?Is everything ok at your end?