Superstitions

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by JustAni, Mar 15, 2007.

1. nandhinikumar

nandhinikumar New IL'ite

:yes: I too heard about salt-not to be given by hand. And also about pickles people say. But i too give people samples of the pickles i make at home and i get also. Till now i haven't observed whether the relationship is spoiled. My aunty says about iron also. It should not be taken freely from others. Some money should be always given for it, a small amount also ok.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

I believe in all the superstitions i am so scared when things go wrong actually almost everytime something goes wrong with me. My mom says never gift sour eatables to anyone very close especially relatives it spoils the relation. I find its my MIL gave me lot of andhra pickles mango different style with lot of luv now we dont have any luv although we care for each other but noone wants to express the feeling. great life

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Let me add also:
    1.If you hit on something while your are going out, you had to sit down and have a cup of water. This also applies that if you see a brahmin alone (Oththa brahmanan) while your are going out, come back, sit down and have a cup of water.
    2.If you wear any clothes accidentally, inside out, you will be getting a new one.
    3. Before wearing a new dress, smear a little turmeric or kumkum before wearing it.
    4.If you are about to wash a new dress, put some turmeric in water before soaking it and then wash.
    5. Don't place anything with your left hand. You will forget where you had put it, later.(What about the left-handers? Is it the right hand for them?)
    6. Vibhuthi should not be given free.
    7. Married women should not cut their hair.
    8.Don't cut the nails, take a bath or cut your hair, sweep the house, after the evening lamp is lit. Goddess Lakshmi will not come to the house.
    9.Do not apply oil after it has dried from the oil bath. It is not good for the maternal uncle.
    10.Don't let your hair out. It is not good.
    11. Do not keep open the back door open at the time of lighting the evening lamp.
    12. Do not ask "Where are you going?" if somebody is getting out of the house. that job will not fruitify.
    13.when you sneeze once --if you are thinking about something or going out-that thing will not give good results. But if you sneeze twice it is OK.
    I am not able to retrieve more on this topic.
    Is it due to the number 13?:cry:

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,
    some superstitions we follow blindly. Don't take superstitions seriously. Someof them might have experienced the same result and they followed it. But some of them popped up due to the climatic conditions or due to lack of some facilities or for any other reason.
    If we brood over it constantly, we are losing the precious day, TODAY. So analyse these things before you are about to follow. You will not have any peace of mind not because of the superstitions, but because of you thinking over it again and again and feeling guilty. (who knows maybe because of this reason, superstitions have their say)
    Don't worry. Divert your thoughts from these things and indulge yourself in the work you love. You will have peace of mind and you will think clearly.
    things will change and you will be able to maintain your relationship with your MIL,as before.
    Be positive
    Sriniketan

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sriniketan,

thanks, i am waiting for that day when we will be happy together.

bye
    padma

6. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi all

well this is a nice thread and frm my end,usually after 6 when they light the lamp they will not give money to any body..

and after we light the lamp we shud not let our hair loose...

thanks
    sowmi

7. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi

good things or bad always happens in three.

when u break a mirror. u will have 7 years of bad luck.

666 is the number of the devil.

bye

8. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

If you take the hair from comb, after someone has combed..then you and that someone will have a fight....heehee...one superstition.

9. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

one more superstition....If you eat uncooked ,soaked rice, then it will rain on your wedding....

1 person likes this.
  10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi karthik,
    i never ate that type of rice but it was drizzling during my marriage.

i have heard if u eat lady finger u will be good in mathematics, if u eat doddakya i.e tondli, pavakayya i dont know correct in tamil telugu but tondli and kundru we call in hindi , ok if u eat this u will not become intelligent and become donkey in next life but i like this curry fried what if i become donkey----------

padma