Superstitions

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by JustAni, Mar 15, 2007.

1. savideva

savideva New IL'ite

If one breaks a glass or some beakable thing on a friday; two more things will get broken on consecutive days. My m.i.l. worried a great deal if she broke something on a friday; cccasionally it turned out to be true. But many a times it did not happen.:tongue

2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

deAR SUNKAN THANX FOR UR REPLY,I'LL TRY IT OUT:tongue & WILL HAVE A NICE TIME.
    HELLO PLS DON'T MISTAKE ME,I SAID I'LL APPLY OIL,THATZ ALL:mrgreen:

3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

if u break the mirror, u have 7 years of bad luck, i dont know if it is true.

when u r sleeping cover with a cloth all mirror in ur house, chinese superstition.

never walk under a ladder because it brings bd luck.

never laugh on friday u will cry on sunday . its true in my case.

bye

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

I remembered one, if u break a marble chappati board somebody from ur family will die, this happened with my mom's mother.

5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

well regarding the mirror, what i have heard is one should never see themselves in a broken mirror, its not good

and regarding sleeping, according to vastu shastra and feng shui, a mirror should never have an image of sleeping people, that is why it said never to placec a mirror in front of your bed, or otherwise you should cover the mirror with a cloth.

6. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

never walk in front of black cat, bring bd luck.

never eat with 13 members regarding to jesus christ in the last supper.

also never eat sesame seeds on saturday and thursday i dont why?

never accept cooked rice from strangers, u will be beggar in the next life that's what i heard.

never cut nails and hair tuesday,friday and saturday i think. dont know why?

and finally how abt friday 13?

bye

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    Very good thread.
    Getting to know lot of things about superstitions.
    Even I have heard many of it, like ..
    1. when you are talking something, if lizard makes sound or bell rings, they say it is true whatever they are talking.
    2. we should not spill kukum and turmeric powder in the house.
    3. never get up from sleep from your left side .
    the list goes on....

Thanks,
    Punitha

8. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I don't know how a far this things all are true...

From the Puni mentioned i can trace one, while i was carrying , i was in myMIL house for delivery, i use to do regular pooja on every friday, so 2-3 times i spilled down the Kukum on floor..

Later when i lost my kid immediately after delivering her, heard from few it is bad sign of spilling those things down..

I heard that if we hand safety pin in our gold chain, it leads to mood swings...

Regards,
    USHA.

1 person likes this.
  9. cool100

cool100 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I too have some let me share those

If someone sneezes just before u r stepping outside then u must sit for a while or have some water and then start going. I follow this but dont know why

If you are on your periods and you have to see a newly born baby you must put some sugar in your mouth and then see her.

If you sneeze on gadapa (the one separates one room from another) ofcourse here in USA we dont have them, but in India if you sneeze on them you must pour some water on it and then cross it.

10. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi
    its a wonderful thread,even i have some to share:
    1.not to wash clothes and hair on thursdays,as it is not good for brothers(and i do follow them,unless it is really urgent to wash either of them).
    2.we must eat little sugar or something sweet when going out for some most awaited or auspicious work.
    3.we should not overhear someone(e.g. not lean on the wall), otherwise we will become lizard in our next birth:evil: hahaha
    4. we should not make any plans at night time,as it won't go as per planned.
    5.fianlly during periods,we should not touch or go near pickles,ast they wiil be spoilt,also we shouldn't visit temple during those days:idontgetit:........
    don't know why,but we all do follow superstitions,as to avoid any bad luck i guess!!!!
    manisha

Last edited: May 11, 2007