1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sunny Leone interview - worth watching

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by Rihana, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[video=youtube;H9ItfXkCgTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ItfXkCgTQ[/video]

Nice analysis in this Indian Express article: Sunny Leone interview: A classic case of a man silencing the woman by hijacking her story | The Indian Express

I watched the interview. 19 min, but worth it. Nice to watch how coolly she responded to the questions. Interviewer was very representative of Uncle-ji's who are self-appointed maintainers of Indian culture. For LOL he also tried to pin on her the blame for corrupting innocent husbands of married-Indian-women!

Like the article says, Leone seems to have and display a guilt-free and unabashed celebration of (her) sexuality.

creativemind23 likes this.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I had watched it last night. What an elegant lady she is. She gained lot of respect from from me and many after this interview. I was surprised the way she handled each and every question with out bringing any emotions to her face.

He did gain some free (cheap) publicity at the expenses of Sunny Leone. Not in 100 years I would have watched this interview or google this interviewer if its for this controversy.

I hope this will convert as an opportunity for her to work with Aamir Khan:)

3. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

I loved her too! Till now, she was just another "item" girl. But she has gained a lot of respect from me after watching this . I wish I could stand up and slap the interviewer.

Wonder if he would ask the same kind of questions to Kareena Kapoor or "respected" actresses who pretty much do the same thing in movies. You go Sunny!

I've also recently read somewhere that Sunny leone refused to film some item song because she saw kids wandering the sets whereas most of the leading ladies have kids dancing to suggestive lyrics in the background. Not sure if it is true.

4. Rihana

Me too - wouldn't have watched it if not for the controversy. I knew about her but thought she was yet another phoren actress out to make some money in Bollywood.

No doubt she was well-prepared, and perhaps rehearsed well to answer the predictable questions, but more than her poise, I liked some of her short responses - like she called herself an entertainer, said physical looks matter for any artist.

Above all, she did her bit for women empowerment, and highlighting hypocrisy around sexuality, without making a big deal out of it. Contrast her cool as a duck handling with the Deepika Padukone dress cleavage controversy, and the one about IAS officer whose looks were commented on:
    Deepika Padukone angry after daily publishes story on her dress | The Indian Express
    Sexist and they know it: IAS officer to sue Outlook magazine for 'defamatory' column - Firstpost

Leone exposed the prejudices with least emotional blah and no 'i am so pure' 'you have mother/sister too' facade.

I can go on - simply loved how she said she doesn't want the husbands of married-women who watch her **** films, and that she (Leone) is happy enough with her husband. LOL I didn't know Sunny leone was married. I am now as intrigued by Sunny Leone facts as a kindergarten kid who learns teacher does not actually live in the classroom and does go home after school. :)

Posted in Intimacy section, as the whole thing shows how much of a struggle is yet to overcome for women and their sexuality to be openly accepted.

5. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

I loved his tweet too :) I thought it was very gracious of Aamir to say that.

6. Rihana

You can post the tweet no? :) Beginning to feel weird googling her so much. :)
    Sunny,I wil b happy 2 wrk wid u.I hav absolutely no problems wid ur "past", as the interviewer puts it.Stay blessed.Love,” Aamir Khan tweeted.

Nice. Sort of a redemption for his 'Kiran and I feel insecure' nonsense.

On an unrelated note, women with a "past" dressing up in sedate saree does look hot (?). Has a charm of its own.

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

From Aamir

I think Sunny conductd herself wid a lot of grace & dignity.I wish I cud hav said the same abt the interviewer (1/2)
    Sunny,I wil b happy 2 wrk wid u.I hav absolutely no problems wid ur "past", as the interviewer puts it.Stay blessed

@Rihana Now you know why she is the most googled person in India ;)but then, you don't have to google her, you can google his twitter :D:D. There is always a work around darling.

8. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

I enjoyed watching Sunny's interview. She looked hurt but so well composed and gave very witty answers.

The interviewer was very straight and insulting but he spoke some truth. Thanks to him, I see Sunny in a different light now.

9. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Who is that sleezeball interviewing her? Frankly this woman has done ****- meaning evidence of her doing questionable act is out there for people to cast stones at her. But the rest of the Bollywood does it hidden thereby not leaving much proof. Most actors (men and women) have compromised themselves to get ahead. So why singly her? I am glad she stood her ground.

There are so many men in Indian film industry who have had open affairs while married, set up second home with their mistresses or married to more than one woman at the same time but I never see them being questioned like this. This woman was not breaking any laws (legal or moral). She was just in a business even though that business is a bit sleezy for most people- but a business nevertheless. But she is grilled as if she is the world's most immoral woman. Talk about hypocrisy...

When asked how India became #1 consumer of ****, she should have said, perhaps it is due to the repressive sexuality. If people were not so repressed, maybe they don't have to satisfy their baser instincts through ****.

That man comes across boorish, crass and crude while she comes across classy.

10. Rihana

Some truth means? Genuine question, not being sarcastic or obtuse on purpose.