1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sundarakanda

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by needawayout, Aug 22, 2022.

1. needawayout

needawayout Silver IL'ite

have you read sundarakanda recently?
    I bought it almost instantaneously , even though I did have other versions of the book.

I read mostly the prose part and really cant read the sloka part. I liked the part where hanuman does one round of Lanka and cant find Sita devi. Then he thinks of the horrors of going back without Sitadevi.
    With all the energy pulled up, he decides to go just one more round. He reaches a place which he missed in the first two rounds, the Asoka Vanam. He goes inside it and sees the Asoka tree. Under it, he saw someone with a great majesty. He tried to see properly and moved closer to the tree. Under the still breeze, the leaves started to move, the branches parted and just under the tree, he saw a beautiful but still sad face. There was still royality in her eyes. Her gentle eyes looked tired. He decided that was Sitadevi.

I think at this point is the Karyasiddhi sloka that Hanuman recites, which we are generally given if we are struggling with a difficulty in life.

I read this part so many times. I feel a high whenever I read this. :)
    I mean there is nothing new about Sundarakanda that I can add, but its just great read.
    Do try if you havent read yet.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.