1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion needed about food for 1.5 year old while travelling

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by imemyself, Aug 23, 2007.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I will travelling this weekend with my 1.5 yr old by train.Will leave here at 8.00 p.m and will reach the next day morning hopefully by 11.00 a.m.
    For the night maybe I can take milk for him after giving dinner at home.But for the next morning what should can I give him to substitute for milk which is the first thing he has in the morning?
    I used to give him lacotgen till 2 months back in the morning,but then I stopped that.Now in the train if I give him that in the morning,I am worried if there will b any stomach troubles:-(
    And I don't want to give him the brkfast that we get in the train.Can you please suggest any good recipes that will stay edible till the next day morning.:confused:

Please help me with your suggestions...

Love ...
    Jaya

2. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi jaya,
    when i travel with my kid i usually buy a bread packet,biscuits,banana..I usually keep a thermos flask for hot water (if its a short journey)for making pediasure..If its a long journey i buy hot milk form the railway pantry and mix with pedisaure and give him..U can give bread with jam or buter for his BF after giving him milk..
    Hope this helps
    Ramya

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a small suggestion for you. Please go to a Aavin Parlour, there you can get flavoured milk in Tetra Packs. You can try the choclate milk or the cardomom milk which is not so strong. You can get a pack or two or even more and can give him either directly from the pack or you can pour the milk into the feeding bottle or sipper if he is taking from any one of these. This will solve the milk problem.

You can give him Idly that is something which can never spoil ones stomach, unless the batter is sour. Also you can take bread and cut the corners and give him the soft part either with slight butter or plain.

4. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Thank you so much for your suggestions!!!!!

Love,
    Jaya