Suggestion need adout Rammurthy Nagar

Discussion in 'Housing in Bangalore' started by SSSMagic, May 23, 2011.

1. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

I've already taken a printed copy of your post. Its a wealth of information :)

Add me in "SAmetime"

2. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot fromBlore...i am really honoured...have added you in same time :)

4. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey swaran,

Once again, hats off to ur patience in penning down things so elaborately! :)
    Ok.. I was searching how to avoid Tin factory traffic, to reach whitefield.. :D and came across this post.
    Can u tel me what this devsandra route is? While coming from hebbal, do i have to take left on the ramamurthy nagar signal ? Please elaborate ...

5. Nithyagirl

Nithyagirl Bronze IL'ite

Dear Swarsn,

That's a greeeeeeeeaaaaaaat piece of information. Hope you know Rammurthy nagar 360 degrees. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Nithya

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot bril... Bow
    haan yep,you need not go till tin factory to reach your office(whitefield road) especially when you take the 2W(i assume you are using a 2W to commute)..there are simpler routes

while coming from hebbal,you ll reach a signal(ring road)-you go straight,it leads to TIN factory, you take left to reach Rm nagar,right to banaswadi...so to reach devasandra,you ll have to take the left in that signal...you ll enter RM nagar...you need to keep going straight,no diversion...you ll reach the point where you ll exit the RM nagar(ITI gate thats what they call that exit point-you can see the gate)...the main road starts there...you need to take left and keep going....you ll find a singal in less than 1 km maybe 1/2 km...in that singal you need to take straight..there is one more path that would take you to hoskote(dont take that)...you need to go straight and thats devasandra,there would be sign board above,that would guide you...you keep going as the road takes you..there would be so many people who would be using that road so just following them will take you to the hoodi - whitefield junction...
    but one more point to be mentioned is,this place too is not free of traffic...due to digging of roads in various places and also the school timings,this route too is getting crowded as the road is pretty of shorter width..it depends on the timing you use this route...but atleast you ll move like ant in case of worst traffic jam...but def a little better compared to the tin factory route..there you get jammed a lot right..!!!...this is somewat better...keep a note of the kms travelled and time consumed ,i mean when you use the hebbal-devasandra-office and hebbal-tinfactory-office route and then decide which would be better...because for a person coming from someplace inside RM nagar like me,using tin factory route would be time consuming but i am really not sure how better you would find this route as you come from hebbal...do post your experience in using these routes here so that others can find it useful in future..
    for more information/have doubts,please feel free to ask...:)

thanks nithya for liking my post...
    yep i feel i know a little better about the routes here inside RM nagar..thanks to my 2W...there are many days where i have got lost(kind of) trying to explore new routes..hehe...but now i am not able to as i always need to think of reaching home soon to attend my daughter's needs...:-D
    so still i need to know many things about RM nagar and the most important thing is about the name of the streets,i am very poor in that mainly because there are not many sign boards and even if they are,they all are in kannada :bonk...so i just know the route but cant specify the streets that needs to be passed through.....hahaha

7. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey swaran,

Thanks a ton for your quick reply. I have been wanting to try this route but was never sure of it, so dint try for the fear of getting lost! :D Now i ll try. :) But are the roads in this route big enuf for car? I travel by car..
    Right now, while goin i have to pass thru tin factory jam... but while coming back, i take a detour and go from inside (near ABB left) to krpuram-marathalli ORR and then inside again via A Narayanapura to reach tin factory petrol bunk! This is longer i know, but better than being stuck in traffic na..
    Will try and surely update u...

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello bril...
    yyou are welcome...
    omg,you are really taking a way tooooooo loooooonger route...you ll get tired by the time you reach home right...i believe you can use the regular way instead of that i mean the tin factory/devansandra...i dont think it would be that hectic compared to the distance you are travelling..
    are you driving the car by urself?? which car you use to commute??
    do try this devasandra way...
    devasandra, the road is big enuf to allow only 2 cars side by side,thats all...car anyways you ll find it taking time but comparitively i believe you can reach early when you take this route
    try it and post your feedback....you can start by trying this route on your way back home today... :)

9. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

hey swaran,

Thank god i dont drive .. or else i would have gone mad in this traffic.. hv a driver.. I took this route today morning while coming to office. It took arnd 30 min from RM nagar main road to hoodi circle. And number of kms from home is arnd 27, one way! Even with the tin factory route it takes 26km one way, so thats ok.. planning to try this in d evening to see if i can save some time! till 6.30pm that railway gate wont be put na ?

10. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey swaran,

today evening, i took the devasandra route..before 6.30pm i crossed the railway gate and the traffic was there, but moving! It was faster compared to the usual route because I reach R M nagar directly! However, the traffic was bad after that and i reached home late only. Anyways, this route is a boon for ppl like me who crave to get home fast! :)
    Thanks a ton swaran..