Suggestion need adout Rammurthy Nagar

Discussion in 'Housing in Bangalore' started by SSSMagic, May 23, 2011.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

2. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

I am also newly re-locating to Ramamurthy nagar from chennai. These post were helpful. Thank you Swaran

1 person likes this.
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

glad to help FromBlore...
    in future if you need help,please do ask...will update what i know...
    you can go through the YellowPages of Krishnarajapuram thread(mentioned in my previous post) toget some basic details...

1 person likes this.
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

5. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

My new job assignment is in ITPL. How is the public transport facility in RM-Nagar to ITPL? also, is any car pooling facility (online portal et lal) there? What would be the distance and how roughly long will it take ?

Cheers-

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hello FromBlore...
    same pinch...i too am working in ITPL close to 4 years now...bus facilities huh..tahts a tough one...i use my two wheeler...but then can you please tell me where you stay in ramamurthy nagar???...so that i can guide you properly,i mean sugegst which would be better!!!!!

7. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

Hi Swaran, That is surprising to know !

Actually, I am still in Chn now, re-locating next week (or) may week after next week. The location where I plan to stay in RM-Nagar area, is called as Anandpura... and it in P and T Layout.. close to TC-Palya main road.

I am planning to bring my two-wheeler which I use in Chn thro'.. brake van (train).. however, am actually not comfortable with the idea of shuttling daily in two-wheeler. is there any car-pool community for office goers in ITPL (we have such facility for OMR IT offices in Chnnai)? how about the out-bus facilities? How much is distance? and how long is the travel take?

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

oho is it so....
    but you see since you say you would be staying somewhere near TC palya(sorry i dont know about this P&T layout),i ll suggest (and you too would feel the same once you use the city bus) you to take your 2W...it wont be that time consuming compared to using the BMTC bus...

ok so coming to my suggestions

To catch an ITPL bus,

(A)considering that your Place is close to kalkere main road

you ll have to go to the KRPURAM railway staion(2kms from our place)...but you would reach the backside of the railway station..hence you need to walk over the foot-over bridge in the railway station and go to the other side...from that side,its just a min walk to the bus stand....but you would get loads of buses....(ofcourse very crowded)..special mention::very very few volvo buses go to ITPL from our place...i believe between 8.30-9.30 you can get 1volvo(i have tried)..that too there is specific timing for that...if you leave that NO VOLVO...
    Special MUST to be mentioned is...this is the biggest comedy here....which really makes me feel that taking a two wheeler is better...

TO REACH the RAILWAY STATION....there is no straight bus /connecting bus to the railway station...
    (1)if you need to reach the back side of the railway station(this is close to our house),you ll have to reach the main road(by means of walk or auto) take a bus there...ask for ITI gate,get down...take an auto or walk for more than 1/2 kms to reach the railway station....this you can try if you have lot of time and want to reduce weight..hehe..sorry just kidding...evenning the same,but but...again a special mention here...evening you would be forced to take an auto till atleast ITI gate(its pretty dark and very less light)...
    (2)to tell you about the auto wallas....if you want to take an auto from somewhere near TCpalya or even from kalkere main road,the starting rate they charge would be 50Rs(from almost the end of kalkere main road) or even more to reach the railway station(back side)...max they ll come for 35-40....30 is no chance but very very few,if you are lucky that day :)....
    But whereas if you are taking an auto in the evning from the railway station,you ll be charged minimum of 80-100Rs for 2 kms...this again max they ll get down to 60-70Rs,this too if you are lucky...they know that its dark(min street lights and no street lights for some distance) and no auto walla will be available for another .5-.75Km and hence this charge...
    (3)Now,if you plan to take the bus straight from the front side of the railway station, you ll have to take a bus from RING ROAD near our area and ask for railway station/TIN FACTORY(this is one stop before railway station and all buses to ITPL stop here too)...i know places are new to you but just take a note....but to reach the ring road,you ll have to take an auto(this again is some approx 2 kms from TC palya),i dont know if buses from TCpalya go here...or else you ll have to come to ramamurthy nagar to take a bus...

(B)CONSIDERING THAT YOU STAY AT tHE END OF TCPALYA ROAD(somewhere near garden city college)...there is a bus stand near KR PURAM market but to reach this spot(again a 1-2Km distance),you ll have to ask someone to drop or take an auto(auto charge you can calculate i believe)...from that bus stand i believe you can get some buses to RAILWAY STATION(front side)...you can also get down near ITI gate and take a walk to railway station(back side)...i know i am confusing you a lot...once you get to know this area,you can understand...from there you can get ITPL buses....

I am not sure whether you can get a bus to hoodi(few stops before ITPL) from this BUS STAND(near KRPURAM market)...i have never tried but wanted to know)....

Other than this ITPL provides buses for employees but but the cost is pretty high and there is no specific stop(thats what i heard from my friends)...you ll have to reach that bus point on time and wave hand for the bus to stop...show your Id and get in....
    also if your project timings are perfect,you can reach on time..else again you ll have to use the BMTC buses...

phew....big story right...i am sure you would have got confused/scared seeing these..hehehe....if you have loads of time and patience,you can go ahead using the buses in our area...so my personal suggestion to you would be USE YOUR OWN TWO WHEELER TO COMMUTE....less cost,less tension and whenever you want,you can reach office/home....

PS::i too was in chennai till 4 years back...after trying out all these,i opted to use my own means of transportation....i used this BMTC only when i was pregnant since i cannot travel 10-12 kms by 2W...

hey yeah forgot to mention,this is what i did during my preggy days....i used to take my 2W,drop it at the railway station(there is a paid parking facility there-a local one),walk over the foot over bridge and take the bus to ITPL....maybe you can try in case you dont want to use the 2W...this would save your money....:)....

Hope i have not left out any...any other help!!...please ask...:)
    BTW,may i know which company you are going to join??...

2 people like this.
  9. FromBlore

FromBlore New IL'ite

Dear Swaran, I am touched! seriously.. you are a very helpful person!
    I work for TCS..

roughly how long would it take to commute in 2W?

God Bless you !

1 person likes this.
  10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear fromBlore...

thanks a lot dear....i had great difficulty in identify things and routes when i came to ramamurthy nagar,infact bangalore...dint get much help either...hence made a search myself and also wanted to help.share the same with others who would be just like me searching for certain essentials when they come to ramamurthy nagar and thats the reason for starting that Ramamurthy Nagar Yellow pages thread...glad to help you ladies:)

you know what,i too work for TCS :-D....

2W .......time.......cant say exactly..it depends on the time you start and the route you take...but approx,i ll tell you(sorry i believe this too might be a long post..hehee)

i ll tell you the time that takes from kalkere main road...

If YOU TAKE THE DEvASANDRA ROUTE(thats the route i am following since more than a year now)

(1)morning if you leave your house before 9,preferably 8.45,you can reach ITPL by 9.15-9.20...trafiic would be fine,i am not saying minimum but ok...the only delay could be because of the railway signal near hoodi...max you can reach ITPL by 9.30...there can be no further delay
    (2)if you leave your house any time after 9,you sure will reach ITPL by 9.50AM mostly 10AM...traffic will be more riding at that time i personally feel is not comfortbale...quite sunny...it depend though...
    (3)evening if you have no shopping on the way ;-)...if you start before 6.15 maybe by 6,you ll reach kalkere before 6.45....i actually stop for 5-10 min to have juice...with that too i can reach by 6.45PM
    (4)if you leave after 6.30...sorry cant say the exact time...there is a train signal at hoodi perfect at 6.35 PM and by 7PM...the gate would be put before 6.35 and the vehicles will be lined up..for that to get cleared,it would be 6.50 and you really need to rush becaue in another 5 min,they ll put the gate for the 7PM train...again this depends on the gate keeper and the train timings...so better to leave before 6.30 or at 6.45 so by the time you reach the railway gate,the signal would be clear....
    thats about the devasandra route

If YOU TAKE THE STRAIGHT ROUTE-WHITEFIELD ROAD(thats the route i followed for some 2 years)

from ramammurthy nagar,if you wish to join this road,you ll have to enter a small short cut,a small cave close/below the hanging bridge of KRPURAM...but letme tell you,this is really bumpy(its close to 1/2 km) as there is no proper road,its full of stones and since its a small cave(only a single vehicle can move at a time) which goes below the railway track,there would be too much traffic and office going people would have got lined up there...this causes traffic jam...but only 2wheelrs and cycles can enter that cave,thats the good point... :-D...but one more thing there would be no street lights there...so its better not to use this way after 7-8 as less people will use that way...

if you wish to take the long way to enter the whitefield road(ramammurthy nagar ITI circle->hanging bridge->move for another 1 km->take a U turn->ride for another 1 km->railway station->then you ll reach this spot...it would be like taking extra approx 5 min ride and that too in heavy traffic...2W dont prefer this lenghty route and use that cave route eventhough its bumpy....

ok considering this route(not the lenghty one because if you take that,it would min take 1-1.5 hours on any time to reach ITPL),just like what i told for devasandra route,for this too it depends on the time you start from home

(1)if you reach the cave before(this is somewhat 2-3kms from kalkere main road) 8.30 max 8.45(i am not sure now since i dont use that road for more than a year now),you can reach office by same 9.15
    (2)any time after 8.45 you reach the cave,there would be traffic and i wouldnt say there would be too much delay but still you ll need to wait patiently and can reach office by 9.30-9.45(approx again since i am not usin this route)
    (3)evening time is always full of traffic as this is the main road that would take people to the city...many cars go this way...so again too much traffic...same conditions as for devansandra route...you need to start before 6.30 from office to reach home by min 7.20(this is not sure,depends on the daily traffic)..so on a normal day comparitively less traffic,you can reach home in 40 min...
    (4)else if you start after 6.30,i really cant say,for sure if the traffic is heavy,it would take min 1 hour and max 1.5 hours to reach home

on the whole.,whichever route you take,the number of kms you ll travel would be 10-11 kms...i am not considering the looong route i mentioned earlier(moving on top of hanging bridge,taking a U turn etc)

Hope its useful...
    Please revert if you have any confusions...:)

i can help you after you come here...in case you are fine,after coming here,you can get in touch with me and i ll show you the route...
    there are many branches of TCS here in bangalore...if you are sure of posting place as ITPL,this is the route....

PS:;try to make 10 posts in IL so that you ll get the Private Messaging free...you can use to communicate with the other person in IL in a private manner....you can ask any information to me using that way :)