suggest Atla Taddi Nomu

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by smileebear, Sep 10, 2014.

1. smileebear

smileebear New IL'ite

Hi Telugu Ladies...Procedure for atla taddi pooja...is this tradition from family members or any body can perform this pooja on that day....and how to perform the pooja

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Smile beer

Yes, It's a tradition in Telugu families. If you're married and your MIL family has it, then you may follow. Heard from my Grand ma that any one can start with pure devotion and can be continued.

Process we follow (normal Brahmin style) - Wake up early morning, perform duties like Rangoli etc have a head bath and after pooja, make 9 dosas (Attulu ) and offer to Devi.

Then as in Attla Taddi katha, call married woman to your house and give Vayanam ( 9 dosas ) with kum kum and all. After that you can have the dosas as your breakfast or you can do Upavasam and eat after seeing Moon.

Unmarried women pray to Devi to give suitable husband and swing in Uyyala singing the song ' Attlataddioi Aratuluoi.... '

For some, it is compulsory to put Gorintaku and with those beautiful hands they serve Vayanam.

This is my brief English translation about Telugu Festival. Pardon me for any mistakes. You can find Vrata Katha in Google.